You are here
3D MMO Games List
More About 3D MMO Games
The genre of 3D MMOs is one of the newest among different visual styles. This genre has grown up out of the pseudo-3D Isometric graphics and changed the game industry of the nineties.
Three-dimensional games quickly won the hearts of gamers, so developers began to transfer their series from the standard perspectives to popular first-person or third-person 3D games. For example, the Wolfenstein series has changed dramatically from simple top-down 2D to the real 3D, and it's no wonder: so many games got a second wind by changing their style.
On the other hand, some developers did not get rid of the traditional angles of view, like the legendary Diablo series, which got a game with great isometric graphics performed in 3D. Some 2D games changed sprites and flat backgrounds to 3D models, but the concept still the same.
With the development of modern 3D technologies, the picture has become more and more indistinguishable from real photos. It's not always beneficial: first, many developers want to highlight their game with a visual style and create a unique design of models, and second, not all computers are capable of supporting demanding graphics. Very few studios can create a hyperrealistic visualization. Only major publishers and developers have the opportunity to produce such games.
Best 3D MMO Games of all time
- Final Fantasy 11 is a 3D MMO with great visual design. Although this game was released more than fifteen years ago, the graphics are still lovely. Simple visual style does not cause boredom and desire to turn off the game. The appearance of the characters look great and fit into the world without rejection due to its cartoon style.
- World of Warplanes is an FPS MMO game with realistic 3D graphics. It is one of the core features; the combats look fresh and authentic because of the high-quality animations and real-looking models.
- Elite: Dangerous is an MMO game with breathtakingly realistic graphics. The visual design of this game at the highest level, a journey through the incredible vast expanses of space is immersive from the first minutes.
Best 3D MMO Zombie Games
Usually, 3D MMO Zombie Games are projects in the setting of survival or sandbox RPG shooters. This kind of video games requires players to train and adapt to new gameplay aspects, learn new tactics of combat and cooperate with other gamers. Usually, post-apocalyptic zombie games encourage players to unite, build bases, and develop unique skills surviving in a new harsh world.
- DayZ is a multiplayer survival game set in a post-apocalyptic world filled with zombies.
- Deadside is a hardcore post-apocalyptic multiplayer shooter with survival elements.
- Stay Out is a post-apocalyptic survival MMORPG with shooter elements.
Best 3D MMO Racing Games
3D MMO Racing Games are one of the most dynamic, immersive and thrilling kinds of video games. Still, multiplayer racing projects are way better than single-player ones; in these MMOs, you can compete with other gamers, train your racing skills, and obtain the fastest cars in the world. Also, you can customize your vehicle and show off your unique design.
- Crossout is a 3D action MMO post-apocalyptic game in a post-apocalyptic setting.
- The Crew is a realistic racing simulator in the open world.
- The Crew 2 is a racing game where you have to build a career as a professional racer.
Best 3D MMO Sandbox Games
The genre of sandbox games always stands out for its limitless space for creativity and dozens of customization skill for every aspect of the game. 3D MMO Sandbox Games allows players to shape and terraform the world around as their wish, build unique structures and train your design skills. Usually, sandbox games combined with survival mechanics, which makes the gameplay even more immersive.
- ARK: Survival Evolved is an open-world survival MMO game set in the dinosaur world.
- Raft is an oceanic survival adventure with a unique visual style.
- Albion Online is a sandbox open-world MMORPG with in-depth character development.
Best 3D Browser MMO Games
Even though 3D graphics are the most technologically advanced and complicated to create, nowadays you can play three-dimensional games using browser or smartphone. 3D Browser MMO Games have pretty simple but unique visuals, dynamic gameplay and low system requirements, which makes them accessible for all kinds of players.
- Dragon Pals is a turn-based browser adventure in a fantasy setting.
- Wizard101 is an MMORPG wizard trading card game.
- Rush Team is a browser-based shooter with diverse gameplay modes.
Best Free-to-Play 3D MMO Games
Nowadays, technologically advanced and sophisticated 3D MMOs are accessible for all players who have a suitable device to play. Many of them have a combined system of payment or in-game cash shops, but most of the Free-to-Play 3D MMO Games are accessible to play with no microtransactions. Usually, you will have no limits in terms of gameplay and experience, but your character will be much weaker than heroes of VIP players, or you will have to pay more efforts to reach the same level.
- Black Desert Online is a high-fantasy combat-focused MMORPG.
- Fortnite if a battle-royale MMO with cartoonish graphics.
- World of Warplanes is a free-to-play combat aircraft simulator.