You are here
Allods Online Review
Allods Online is a fantasy MMORPG, based on the authentic setting of Russian retro game series Allods.
- Flexible system of classes
- Hardcore gameplay
- Deep and interesting plot
- The unique setting inspired by Russian culture
Allods Online Gameplay
Allods Online is one of the most popular and longest-maintained Russian MMORPG projects, which was released in 2010. It has classic gameplay with several unique features, such as astral adventures. Since the game is hugely pay-to-win, it has two types of servers: free-to-play ones have a cash shop with dozens of imbalanced items, and the servers with no in-game purchases which are available only for subscribers. Regardless of the chosen type, the gameplay is very similar to World of Warcraft. It has RvR conception, which means that players are divided into two warring factions; the visual style and graphic design is very close to WoW with small changes, which bring an authentic Russian atmosphere.
As all classic MMORPGs, Allods Online have pretty casual gameplay mechanics. This game has a straightforward system of character development based on classes and professions. The professions are restricted by chosen race; depending on that, their features and names can vary. For example, the Summoner class for elves is called Demonologist. All of them are divided into two factions: the League and the Empire. The League races are the Gibberlings, the Kanians, and the Elves. Their rivals are imperial Xadaganian, Orcs and Arisen. The lore of the game is quite in-depth and unique, so it’s entertaining to complete the quests and involve into conversations with NPCs.
Another specific feature of Allods Online is an Astral, a particular mode, where players can fly through mysterious and dangerous locations on specific ships. The astral battles with demons and other players are the most popular end-game activity, which is available only for the most skilled and experienced explorers. The creation of a ship is very complicated, time-consuming and expensive, so it’s most likely that you will handle the construction after you reach the high levels.
After you create the vessel, you will have to gather a team of six players who will control the flight: it’s necessary to find a captain, a navigator, a visor, a gunner and the repairing unit. Moreover, it’s vital to staff your ship with all essential tools and equipment — for example, you can install up to sixteen cannons, two beamers, and many modified weapons. The Astral islands is an equivalent of dungeons from WoW: you will have to gather up a team of players with different classes to defeat the boss and clear an island from enemies.
Allods Online Classes
- Warrior — an archetype of powerful fighters who concentrate on melee combat. This class is available for Kanians, Gibberlings, Xadaganian, and Orcs.
- Paladin — a holy warrior who specializes in defence of the teammates. This tank class can be chosen by Kanians, Elves, Xadaganian, and Orcs.
- Scout — a class of agile long-ranged heroes who perform the best at duel combat. Scouts are available for Kanians, Gibberlings, and Xadaganian.
- Summoner — powerful mages who can use demonic powers and dark magic to destroy the enemies. This class is suitable for Elves, Xadaganian, and Arisen.
- Engineer — a class of talented mechanics, which can be chosen only by Kanians and Xadaganian.
- Healer — the main supportive class in Allods, which is suitable for Kanians, Elves, Xadaganian, and Arisen.
- Warden — the masters of magic who feed their power from nature. Warden is the class for Kanians, Gibberlings, and Orcs.
- Mage — the main magical class which specialize in arcane arts. This class can be obtained by Kanians, Elves, Xadaganian, and Arisen.
- Psionicist — a class of mages who can control the minds of other characters. It can be obtained by Elves, Xadaganian, Gibberlings, and Arisen.
- Bard — a class of battle musicians, which is suitable for Kanians, Elves, Xadaganian, and Orcs.
Allods Online System Requirements
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics Card: GeForceFX 5200 512 MB
- CPU: Intel Pentium 3 1.5 GHz
- File Size: 3 GB
- OS: Win XP/2000
- Memory: 1024 MB RAM
- Graphics Card: GeForce 7600 GS 256 MB
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3 GHz
- File Size: 3 GB
- OS: Win Vista/XP/2000