You are here
Black Desert Online Review
Black Desert Online, from developers Pearl Abyss, is a combat-focused high-fantasy MMORPG.
- Fantastic character creation system
- Beautiful visuals and graphics
- Interesting plot and beautiful high-fantasy setting
- A wide range of classes to choose from
Black Desert Online Gameplay
Black Desert Online, from developers Pearl Abyss, is a combat-focused high-fantasy MMORPG. It is available on Steam for PC and Microsoft Store for Xbox One. The game was initially released in 2015 and since has remained one of the most popular MMO games on the market. That fact has lead to the creation of the console version, that was released in 2019.
The game also was remastered recently. The remastered version is available at a very affordable price, and it also has a free trial.
The developers describe BDO as a sandbox, living-world MMORPG, and it provides a vast world to play in. The gameplay is fast-paced and combat-focused. The game also has a deep class system, trading, and phenomenal character customisation.
This game is considered one of the most attractive MMORPG’s on the market, set in a picturesque high-fantasy setting that extends to the weapons and enemies. Most notably, the customisation of the appearance of your character is second to none. You can spend hours tweaking every scale of your character's face, body and hair. The BDO also has unique and varied classes, and that makes your gameplay and combat style just as excellent as your appearance.
The gameplay varies completely between classes, but all of them have a clear focus on fast-paced combat. The game has quests to direct you through your journey and levelling. Mastering your abilities and skills with each class takes time and effort.
As well as the excellent combat style, there are also more casual and passive elements in the form of ten 'living skills' such as crafting, fishing and farming, which provides 'professions' for characters. Your capital and the profession you choose are both essential parts of the game, and there is an economic system within the game.
The lore provides the backdrop to this game. It also gives the basis for the PvP experience, because the different regions of this world have fought at war in recent years. Once you get to a high enough level (40), you get the opportunity to activate the Player vs Player mode. In PvP, you can attack or be attacked by another online user.
The game has an "enabled-disabled" system of PvP. It means that if you want to fight other players, and if you choose to attack someone who did not enable his PvP, you will lose your karma points. If you have lost too many karma points, you will attract guards and other players to attack you.
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG that is the best for people who want to play a good-looking, combat-focused RPG, and have plenty of time to level up and develop their character.
Black Desert Online Classes
There are 17 classes in the game at the moment, including standard RPG roles such as Wizard, Ranger and Warrior, and more unique and exciting ones, such as Kunoichi, Tamer and Musa. Seven of the classes are male, and ten are female. Every character has its unique game-style and stats.
- Ranger — agile ranged class with the best evasion skills. She uses longbows and daggers as weapons.
- Sorceress — dominant ranged class with excellent debuff skills. She casts spells and uses amulets and talismans as weapons. The Sorceress is the best class for PvE.
- Lahn — one of the best long-range attack classes. Her weapons are crescent pendulum and noble sword.
- Tamer — a mighty pet class with powerful AoE skills. The best choice for 1x1 PvP. She uses shortswords and trinkets.
- Shai — talented healer and support. She also gifted at alchemy and gathering. Her weapons are florangs and vitclaris.
- Maehwa — strong attack class with massive damage. She is extremely fast and agile, and her weapons are swords and bows.
- Valkyrie — best defence class. She is not a good warrior but an excellent defender. As the Warrior, she uses longswords and shields.
- Kunoichi — a perfect class of evasion and attack. Her favourite weapons are shortswords and shurikens. She is equally good at PvP and PvE.
- Witch — a user of staffs and daggers. She is one of the best PvP classes. The Witch is defensive class than her male version Wizard.
- Mystic — the almost imbalanced class that equally good in PvP and PvE, have high health and protection and cause significant damage at the same time. Her favourite weapons are gauntlet and vambrace.
- Dark Knight — she is an excellent PvE class. Her weapons are kriegmesser and ornamental knot.
- Warrior — strong melee class with many of health steal abilities. He uses longsword and shield as a weapon.
- Berserker — the best defensive class. He has one of the highest HP in the game, and his HP recovery rate is unbelievable. His weapons are an axe and ornamental knot.
- Striker — a male version of Mystic. He has high ranks in PvP and massive AoE damage.
- Archer — he is a long-range class that uses crossbows and Ra'ghon.
- Musa — a good class for PvE. He is agile and fast, and his favourite weapons are blades and horn bow.
- Ninja — he is an excellent PvP class with high mobility and impressive damage. His weapons are shortswords and shurikens.
- Wizard — both PvE and PvP class. He is more aggressive class than Witch. His favourite weapons are staffs and daggers.
Black Desert Online System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: GTX 250, Radeon HD 3870 X2
- CPU: Intel Core i3-530 2.9 GHz
- File Size: 27 GB
- OS: Windows 7 or higher (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: GTX 970, AMD RX 480
- CPU: Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz
- File Size: 27 GB
- OS: Windows 7 or higher (64-bit)