You are here
Darkfall: Rise of Agon Review
Darkfall: Rise of Agon is an extraordinarily hardcore and immersive MMORPG, developed by Aventurine SA.
- Real-time action combat
- Unlimited world map with open PvP
- Full loot feature
- Skill-dependent combat system
Darkfall: Rise of Agon Gameplay
Darkfall: Rise of Agon is an epic sandbox MMORPG, based on the universe of famous indie MMO Darkfall. The main feature of this game is a profoundly detailed PvP combat mode of all kinds, which took up most of the player’s time. RoA provides an opportunity to create a unique development path and story of your character; this aspect is kind of like an Ultima Online experience, where most of the players were involved into the colossal roleplaying party. Rise of Agon has a sophisticated system of customization of playable heroes: you can change not only the appearance but also customize skills and combat style. Since this game has skill-based combat, character development is the vital part of gameplay; before you jump in the middle of things, you will have to decide on the build and hone your battle skills.
Even though the plot of the game mostly depends on the player’s actions, Darkfall: Rise of Agon has in-depth lore. The world of the RoA is inhabited with different races and creatures; it’s full of unusual phenomenons and unique historical events, which can be explored during the gameplay. Developers provided an opportunity to immerse into rich Darkfall universe with the help of protagonist-playable character — you see the world of the game with the eyes of your hero, so that chosen race influences on your experience.
Darkfall: Rise of Agon is a highly social-based game: the most exciting activities are accessible only on multiplayer mode. When you gather up with other players, you can build houses together and build villages. The most powerful towns can expand up to a city with a mighty fortress, which can confront the attacks of foes. Developers provided players with the most comprehensive but easy craft system, which allows making not only complex structures and luxurious furniture in houses, but also valuable items and equipment.
The most ambitious aspect of the Darkfall: Rise of Agon is PvP combat. The game has several different modes and sophisticated battle mechanics, which depend on the player’s skills. Since there are no safe zones, you always participate in one of those player-vs-player activities. Among them are clan wars, city sieges, and naval warfare for players who like social events and cooperation. Solo gamers can try out a survival-like PvP in low-level areas, or duel combat. Still, guild combat modes are much more detailed than solo analogues.
Darkfall: Rise of Agon Races
Besides for a usual Human race, Darkfall: Rise of Agon has five more unique species. Several of them are pretty common and well-known to all fantasy fans, but they still have unique features and history.
- Orcs — green and massive brutal creatures, who dedicate their lives to battle training. These creatures live in a cruel realm of volcanoes.
- Mirdains — dexterous and cunning elf-like race, who live in green and lush forests. They’re the best archers of all races-inhabitants of RoA universe.
- Dwarves — mighty stocky people with luxurious long beards. Their homeland is rocky mountains of Agon. Dwarves are the best artisans and blacksmiths; moreover, they’re furious fighters who perform the best at melee combat.
- Alfars — small and sneaky dark race, who live in the mud of mushroomland on the south of Agon. The most noticeable features of their appearance are pointed ears and dark grey skin.
- Mahirim — the mightiest race of Agon. These colossal forest dwellers look like werewolves with coarse dark hair and sharp fangs.
Darkfall: Rise of Agon System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: DirectX 9.0c compliant
- CPU: 3.00GHz Dual Core
- File Size: 12 GB
- OS: Win 7 (32bit)
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: DirectX 9.0c compliant
- CPU: 3.40GHz Quad Core
- File Size: 20 GB
- OS: Win 7/8/10 (64bit)