EVE Online Review
EVE Online is a social space-based sci-fi MMORPG in the genre of spaceship simulator.
- Large active community
- Immersive sophisticated game mechanics
- Colossal dynamic battles in space
- Most massive PvP battles
EVE Online Gameplay
EVE Online is one of the most immersive and complicated MMO games. It has a deep story, lots of complex game mechanics, a vast friendly fan-base and an open space to explore. There are lots of different activities in the game, such as character development, customization of the ships, participation in spaceship combats and moreover.
In this world, you can do whatever you want. You can become a famous leader of the trade federation or the brave general of your space fleet, or become a space pirate to rob and kill everyone on your path. If you're tired of the race for resources and ranks, you can obtain a small ship and drift through space, exploring mesmerizing landscapes and watching other players who are busy with their affairs.
The game has two versions, a Standard with the paid subscription, and a Free-to-Play version with limited functionality. Regardless of which version you play, the first thing that you need to do is to create a character. After you have chosen the faction, you need to decide with the Bloodline, and the School: Business, Military or Industry.
EVE Online Community
Eve Online is a social-based game. It means you can rely on the help of the more skilled and experienced players, and someone will probably give you advice if you're confused in the game mechanics. There're lots of useful guides for the beginners so that you can learn the general features of the game without even starting to play. If you want to achieve the highest ranks in EVE, you better join the Corporation. These are large groups of players; each of them holds its area of space. Some powerful alliances are ready to accept newcomers, so it's worth trying to talk with their agents if you want to get into the thick of things from the very beginning of the game.
EVE Online Skills
The game has a complicated system of skills; each of them requires a lot of time on development. The abilities of your character determine the types of ships it can fly, the effectiveness of the work, upgrades and lots of different necessary features. The learning of high levels of the skills could take hours, so you should be patient while levelling up the abilities. The speed of studying could be increased by plugging implants, cerebral accelerators, or making neural remaps. It's quite useful because EVE Online provides more than 400 various skills to learn.
EVE Online Ships
Of course, one of the essential parts of the EVE Online is the spaceships. They used for travelling through space, carrying cargo, or participating in battles. You can pilot your spaceship by yourself, or recruit NPC to rule it. Ships could be customized and upgraded. All of these machines divided into various categories with unique purposes of use and characteristics. They also vary in size and grandeur of construction: there are the Frigate, Destroyer, Cruiser, Battlecruiser, Battleship, Capital Ships, and Super Capital Ships. On top of this ladder, of course, the Supercapitals with the most massive and most mighty Titans, the price of which translated into real money can reach several thousand dollars.
EVE Online Combat System
EVE Online is mostly PvP-based game. The players are always fighting for the resources, sectors on the map, or place in the hierarchy of Corporations. Even though the areas in EVE divided into Safe and PvP zones, the enemy ships can attack you in all regions, so you should be alert always. You can make a safe zone for your spaceship if you need it, but it's not an option of the game — your protection depends only on your ability to hide and move around safe zones quickly.
You can play PvP Solo in Duel mode, that can be started in safe High Sectors, or join a group or even Corporation PvP. The battles that involve a vast amount of players are much more difficult, but at the same time, they capture with their dynamics and scale. To join the last variant, you should be recruited as a pilot for battle, or be a member of the Corporation.
EVE Online Races
There are four races to choose, but the differences are essential only at the beginning of the game:
Amarr — The largest Empire of deeply religious people. The substantial basis of their culture is slavery, which is why Amarrians has a problematic relationship with other races. Now they're in controversy with Gallente Federation and Jovans. Their bloodlines are:
- Amarr — Direct descendants of the Amarrian race, who preserved the cultural characteristics and traditions of their ancestors.
- Ni-Kunni — It's a primitive race, conquered by Amarrians hundreds of years ago. They're perfect traders and artisans.
- Khanid — An Amarr Prime, swept up into the Amarrian nation.
Caldari — It is the faction of the capitalists ruled by corporations. Different companies govern each aspect of their society. The economy of Caldari is the strongest, built on the union and support of companies to each other. Their rivals are the Gallenteans who dragged them into a fierce, bloody war.
- Deteis — The ruling elite of the Caldari.
- Civire — The backbone of the Caldari Empire.
- Achura — The part of society doubting their affiliation with the Caldari.
Gallente — One of the richest and freest races. It's a dreamland in the world of EVE; Gallentes also the leading providers of entertainments, such as movies, luxury goods, and various productions of the mass culture. This ambitious race has amassed both many enemies and many allies.
- Gallente — The Bloodline of the people that founded the real democracy.
- Intaki — Diplomats and bureaucrats, by their nature, that was integrated into society a couple of centuries ago.
- Jin-Mei — The Bloodline with the strict cast system, that joined Gallente just before they came into contact with the Amarr.
Minmatar — The race of independent people. Their society built on social relations within the family or tribe. In the past, the clans of Minmatar warred between each other, but after time they united. It is the most numerous race in the world of EVE.
- Brutors — Individuals with high physical power. They're much stronger and aggressive than the other Minmatars.
- Sebiestor — Ambitious Bloodline of the inventors and thinkers. They have a quite elegant physique and fragile bodies.
- Vherokior — The Splinters of the Starkmanir tribe, one of the most significant tribes. They lived separately from their race, but a centuries later they returned home.
EVE Online System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
- CPU: Intel Dual Core 2.0 GHz
- File Size: 23 GB
- OS: Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Memory: 16 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060
- CPU: Intel i7-7700 3.6 GHz
- File Size: 23 GB
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)