You are here
Final Fantasy 14 Review
Final Fantasy 14 is a pay-to-play fantasy MMORPG based on the worlds of the mainline Final Fantasy series, developed by Square Enix. The Final Fantasy 14 released in 2010 after years of development.
- Over 600,000 active monthly players around the world
- A flexible system of classes and jobs
- An exciting plot
- Unusual unique visual style
Final Fantasy 14 Gameplay
Final Fantasy 14 has an epic story written by the FF team. The plot revolves around the story of the hero — your character. It has the Echo, a power that allows people to see the events of the past.
Player's character will face many obstacles and get through the confrontation of nations to learn the truth about their powers. The game has four expansion packs, each with their own core stories, that can be purchased to complete the story. The FF14 also features deep character customization that allows you to build the perfect hero.
The game can easily be played solo or in a party. If you play alone, then you can work with random players in the surrounding areas to complete events called Fates for extra experience. You can also choose to participate in raids or take one of the hundreds of story-based side-quests to level up quickly.
The basic combat of FF14 is using strategy based attacks that require time to reload. You will have to count time to use skills. Otherwise, you will be left on a battlefield without the ability to defend.
Many of the enemies are based on monsters from the previous series and have attributing attack patterns. All of the dungeons have bosses with unique gimmicks that you need to understand.
If you are not in the mood for battling, you can join a free company and get your place to live in the game. You can customize and decorate it as you want. There are also non-combat based events and mini-games where you can compete with other players.
Final Fantasy 14 also features PvP battles since you reach level thirty. You can choose to the battle arena where you will fight several other players.
Remember that Final Fantasy 14 is a pay-to-play game, so you have to buy a game disc or download the digital version of the game. You will also have to pay a monthly subscription fee once you reach level 30. All expansions cost an additional one-time fee.
Who is it For?
Final Fantasy 14 is an addictively built MMORPG that is suitable to all gamers. It has an exciting story, which is very important for an MMO game, and an immersive friendly community. The game and expansions are a one time purchase, but there is also a monthly subscription to play. The game is available on both PC and PS4 with cross-system play.
Final Fantasy 14 Classes
Final Fantasy 14 has nine classes with different playstyles. These classes fit into the traditional roles of DPS, Tank, and Healer. All of them also have branching job upgrades to help make every player genuinely unique. The game is full of extraordinary skills to combine, dungeons to explore, coveted equipment to craft and extra experience points to earn.
The main classes:
- Marauder — a primary type of strong heroes, that prefer to use greataxes as their weapons. In addition to the fact that such heroes have tremendous power, they also can protect their allies from enemy attacks, taking damage on themselves.
- Gladiator — a pure protective class. Gladiators are masters of defending and repelling enemy attacks.
- Lancer — the masters of heavy polearms, agile and fast warriors and a dangerous enemy for any foes.
- Pugilist — close combat melee fighters which use fist weapons.
- Rogue — fast and sneaky assassins. Rogues prefer to use light dual daggers in close combat.
- Archer — a long-ranged class. They can use powerful buffs and cause massive damage to enemies.
- Thaumaturges — the adepts of the dark arts. This class can cast the most effective destructive spells and use elemental magic.
- Arcanist — the adepts of arcane arts. They use arcanist's aether to cast their spells.
- Conjurer — the main healers in this game. They use water magic to support their allies, and earth and wind to cause damage.
There are also 18 additional jobs.
The Tank jobs:
Warrior, the user of greataxes; Paladin, the hero with heavy armour and massive sword; Dark Knight, who prefers heavyswords and durable equipment; and Gunbreaker with their unusual Gunsword.
The Melee DPS jobs:
Dragoon, master of polearms and pierces; Monk, hand-to-hand melee fighter; Ninja, the master of assassination; Samurai, brave knights with katanas.
The Ranged Physical DPS jobs:
Bard, a buffer and inspirer of their allies; Machinist, a gifted mechanic and ultimate defender; Dancer, a user of throwing weapons.
The Ranged Magical DPS jobs:
Summoner, a pet class that can summon mighty magic creatures; Black Mage, an ultimate user of dark arts and destructive spells; Blue Mage, a limited PvE job; Red Mage, a balanced user of black and white magic.
The Healer jobs:
Scholar, an adept of elemental magic that can summon fairies; White Mage, a user of white magic spells; Astrologian, a forecaster and tricky magician.
Final Fantasy 14 System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 (2.4 GHz)
- File Size: 60 GB
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
- CPU: Intel Core i7 (3.0 GHz) or better
- File Size: 60 GB
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)