You are here
Heroes of the Storm Review
Heroes Of The Storm is an online hero brawler FtP game developed by the Blizzard Entertainment, that combines many characters from four projects: Overwatch, Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo.
- All abilities, except ultimate, are available from the beginning
- Mounts that help to move around the battlefield
- No money and items assembly system
- All earned experience shares among all team members
Heroes of the Storm Gameplay
The classic match involves 5 players in each of the two teams. As in MOBA games, the goal of the players is to destroy the enemy stronghold. On the way to it are located such objects as forts, fountains, and defense lines, which has its unique abilities for defense. On some maps, there are observation positions, the capture of which provides a continuous overview of some territories. The observation position can be recaptured at any time.
Besides, each map has a unique gameplay feature. Periodically, on the map, players can complete different tasks, during which teams will receive many advantages.
Players of both teams are assisted by creeps, which periodically appear at the bases at the same time. They meet each other on one of the lines and fight until they are killed by other creeps, an enemy tower, or a hero. The strength and equipment of units at the beginning of the game is identical. Depending on the level of team, and the number of forts destroyed, the creep squad intensifies.
Characters have permanently refillable resources: mana and health. They can also be restored by support heroes or by using a fountain and uplifting spheres. In addition, each team at the base has a Storm Hall - an area located behind the citadel, where the hero’s health and mana can be quickly restored, and the heroes become invulnerable. Enemies cannot get to this place. Also, boarding a transport there is carried out instantly and does not have a rollback. Any hero can be transported to the Storm Hall from anywhere on the map using the Return Stone. If the hero takes damage during the movement, it cancels.
The game has some daily tasks, completing which the player receives gold rewards, which he can spend to purchase a new hero.
Abilities and skills divided into passive and active. Passive abilities always act and do not require any control; active abilities act instantly or for a short period and call by pressing hotkeys. Some heroes have skills that allow them to interact with game components.
- Tank — tenacious heroes that can endure a large amount of damage and apply control effects on enemies
- Bruiser — also tenacious heroes, whose abilities are mainly aimed at causing damage
- Melee assassin — fragile heroes that can deal a lot of damage in melee range
- Ranged assassin — fragile heroes, but they specialize in dealing damage at a distance
- Healer — support characters who heal their allies
- Support— also heroes of support, having instead of treatment other ways to help the team.
Heroes of the Storm System Requirements
- Memory: 3 GB
- Graphics Card: GeForce 8600 GT or equal
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 / AMD Phenom X4
- File Size: 20 GB
- OS: Windows (64-bit) 7 / 8 / 10
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 650 or better
- CPU: Intel Core i5 / AMD FX Series
- File Size: 20 GB
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit