You are here
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West Review
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West is an action MMO third-person shooter developed and published by Fatshark.
- Various playable characters
- Multiple game modes
- Immerse Wild West atmosphere
- Dynamic gameplay
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West Gameplay
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West offers an intense team-based multiplayer experience. It has several game modes where you have to participate in combat against other players; it also has a class system which allows broad gameplay customization. Still, there is no single-player mode. The game setting is the Wild West, which provides a vivid visual style and unique world design. Graphics is a mix of realistic and cartoonish elements, and it runs smoothly on most devices.
You can choose one of the following game modes to experience the life of the Wild West:
- Conquest requires you to take control of multiple checkpoints around the map in a specific consequence.
- Greed spawns a bag full of gold, and players have to fight to carry it to their bases.
- Powderkeg mode requires one team to defend a building, and another group has to attack it using the kegs with powder.
- Robbery challenges one team to steal a bag of gold from the other side.
- Shootout features the classical team deathmatch, and you need to kill as many opponents as possible.
- Demolition allows you to use kegs with powder to demolish the opponent team's base.
All characters have infinite ammunition, and the only issues with that are the reloading times and the range between you and the target. If you hit an opponent, you can hear a specific sound along with the damage number above the target. When you cause enough damage, enemies fall to the ground and can use sidearms to finish the combat. In this mode, the fallen teammates can be resurrected up to continue fighting, but they die if their timer runs out or someone else finishes them off.
There is an experience system in Lead and Gold Gangs of the Wild West, which allows you to rank up by killing enemies and completing objectives. Higher rank enables you to buff teammates and improve their attributes, such as damage, armour or accuracy. The bonus depends on the class, and it cannot stack with the other buffs from identical characters of your teammates. After every death, you can switch to another hero keeping the experience gained so that way the game offers more flexibility and choice during each round. After the match ends the rank is reset, and you don't keep any bonuses, so all players start every new game with the same attributes.
The game features in-game text chat and allows you to add friends from the games and connect to private servers to play with them. There is a wide variety of different maps available, and each one has various setups for different game modes. The developers add maps regularly, and the old ones get updates to keep the game balanced.
Lead and Gold Gangs of the Wild West is a third-person shooter that fits both casual and hardcore gamers. It brings flexible gameplay, so everyone can find a strategy that fits their playstyle, and becoming one of the best players requires a lot of practice and other third-person shooter skills.
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West Classes
Apart from the game modes, you also need to choose a class of your character because that directly affects the special abilities:
- Blasters use a shotgun; they also can throw dynamite in the opponents.
- Deputies wield a rifle; these characters can track the enemies to make them visible for the entire team.
- Gunslingers use revolvers and have better aim than others.
- Trappers shoot with a sniper rifle and set the traps around the map.
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West System Requirements
- Memory: 1.5 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
- File Size: 2.0 GB
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7