You are here
League of Legends Review
League of Legends is a free-to-play MOBA game, developed by Korean studio Riot Games.
- Lots of Champions with different playstyles
- One of the most popular ESports games
- Immersive friendly community
- Unique MMO experience
League of Legends Gameplay
League of Legend is a classic representative of MOBA genre. The players' primary goal in this game is to destroy the enemy's fortress and defend allied towers, placed on the lanes of the map.
The main map is quite similar for all MOBA games. In League of Legends, this type of layout is called Summoner's Rift. The bases of two teams, each has five members, are set in opposite corners of the battlefield. It has three lines: top, mid and bottom, divided into two parts for every side of the controversy, and the neutral jungle in between. There are also different buildings, such as defence towers called turrets, the lane inhibitor and the Nexus, the most important building. If the Nexus destroyed, the game ends. Also, some neutral enemies spawn during the game. The players can fight them to obtain useful items.
There are also some additional custom maps:
- Twisted Treeline — this map has the same conception as the Summoner's Rift, but there are only three players in a team. Also, there are only two lanes and two inhibitors. This map will be removed from the game in time because of the unpopularity.
- Howling Abyss — the map with five x five teams designed for ARAM (All Random All Mid) matches. It has only one lane, the Middle, and no neutral area.
- Crystal Scar — a circular map. It has five points to capture. The team that captured more points than other starts causing damage to enemy Nexus.
League of Legends Game Modes
When you are searching for the game, you can pick different features of game modes.
- Tutorial — the game type for the beginners. In this mode, players can learn the basic gameplay mechanics. This mode is played only on Howling Abyss.
- Co-op Vs. AI — the mode available for new players right after Tutorial. It's played on Summoner Rift, Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar.
- Normal Matchmaking — the main mode, where the players with similar skill level are paired against one another.
- Ranked Matchmaking — the mode, available for players with level 30 and higher. It's the advanced Normal Matchmaking with the rank system.
- Custom Games — any map with any combination of players.
League of Legends Champions
Also, the players can pick the way of champion choice.
- Blind Pick — the selection of the enemy squad will be unfolded after the match begins.
- Draft Pick — each team bans five champions, and the opponent's choice will be seen during the match preparation.
- Random Pick — the champions are picked randomly for each player.
The champions are divided into different roles. At the moment, the League of Legends has more than 145 characters and six types of heroes.
- Marksmen — the ranged heroes that deal with physical damage. They're the best at destroying strong objectives, such as turrets.
- Mages — heroes that use magic damage and support skills. They have weak defence and mobility. They prefer ranged combat.
- Assassins — the fastest champions with severe damage. Those heroes have the highest mobility, but low defence and HP.
- Tanks — champions with the highest HP and most solid defence. They can also have crowd control spells that used to distract the enemy from the allies.
- Fighters — both damage dealers and tanks. Those heroes are the best at close melee combat.
- Support — the heroes that use their skills to heal and buff the allies. Supports also watch for the enemy movements and places the wards.
League of Legends System Requirements
- Memory: 2 GB
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 or better
- CPU: Intel Core i3 4360 3.0 Ghz or equal
- File Size: 12 GB
- OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 / AMD Radeon HD 5670
- CPU: Intel Core i3 4360 3.7 Ghz or better
- File Size: 16 GB
- OS: Windows 7/ 8/10