Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars Gameplay
As in the first part of this famous series, your main task in Master of Orion is to choose a race and bring it to intergalactic domination.
You also need to colonize the planets, support their inhabitants, and pursue the economic and military policies of your race.
In this game, you will often need to communicate with representatives of other races and find compromises with them. Some of them will be friendly with you, and all you need is to support their undertakings. Other ones can be aggressive and will try to involve you in a race of competition. Only you, the wise and proud representative of your race, could choose what brings prosperity to your genetic species.
If you don't want to play for standard races, you can create your own, based on one of the existing. For them, you can create a backstory, the features of development and the environment where they can live. It's exciting, but creating a race with a unique development strategy is quite complicated.
Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars Races
At the moment, there are fourteen races in the game:
- Bulrathi. Bear-like humanoid creatures with a temper. They solve all their problems with brute force. Once long ago, their home planet experienced destruction and terraforming, so now Bulrathi is the main eco-activists in the galaxy. The form of government for this race is a dictatorship; a strong and dangerous Bulrathi needs an equally strong leader.
- Humans. As in the case of Bulrathi, the planet of Humans was on the verge of destruction. These races allied and exchanged technology, which helped preserve the people’s home. The form of government of this race is a democracy. The President of Humanity is elected every eight years, and various advisers and consultants assist him in the management.
- Alkari. A paramilitary and ambitious race of birdmen with its unique code of military honour. They want to be the strongest warriors in the galaxy, but at the same time relate peacefully to other races. Their leader and fleet commander is Skylord.
- Sakkra. One of the most aggressive races in the galaxy. They multiply very quickly and carry with them bloodshed, ready to fight to the death for a place to live. The Hierarch leads their race.
- Mrrshan. Strong warriors and the best shooters in the galaxy. It is a race of aesthetes and creators, elegant and graceful, like the artworks of their culture. Mrrshans are very freedom-loving and curious, like real cats, so nothing can stop them from exploring the galaxy. The Empress leads them to this great goal.
- Darlok. Sneaky shapeless race, the frightening majority of the inhabitants of the galaxy with their appearance. Darloks are terrible paranoids and spies. They can shapeshift into any form, which allows them to spy on other creatures. Darlok's dictatorship is called Cabal, and it is ruled by the Hindmost.
- Klackon. A peaceful and calm race that does not have any disagreement between its representatives. They live in harmony because of their structure of society: the work of each Klackon is not aimed at personal development, but the wellbeing of society. The hive queen Ixitixl leads this race.
- Elerian. A matriarchal race led by warlike female humanoids. Their leader called Grand Marshal. Men of this race are engaged in science. The representatives of this race can use telekinesis and telepathy.
- Gnolam. Gnolams prefer not to fight on their own, but to hire a strong army, because finances allow them to do this - they are a race of natural merchants. They are very cunning and prudent, and that allows them to accumulate vast amounts of money quickly.
- Meklar. The Meklars are the race of cybernetic creatures. They are very isolated because they cannot find a common language with creatures of flesh and blood. The Overseer Routine rules this kind.
- Psilon. It is a race of scientists and creators. They are small and physically weak, but at the same time, this kind is gifted at all sorts of technologies. Psilons are a bit paranoid about the fact that other races can steal their techniques. Their community is lead by Quanta.
- Silicoid. These strange creatures are in complicated relationships with other inhabitants of the galaxy because non-mineral races have a poor understanding of these beings. Silicoids don't need food and can live in almost any environment. Their society is called Crag, and their ruler is called the Keystone.
- Terran. A mysterious and secretive race that broke away from Humanity a long time ago. The Terran Khanate is lead by Khan. The Terrans are always tuned to war. Their society was formed through long wars, which left an imprint on the whole race.
- Trilarian. It is an aquatic race that reminiscent of Cthulhu to most of Humanity. It is one of the most peaceful races in the game. The Trilarians try to avoid war and want to live in peace with the rest of the galaxy. This race is lead by the Trilarian Shoal led by a messianic leader called Stinger.