You are here
Neverwinter is a free-to-play MMORPG, based on the story of the fictional Forgotten Realms city called Neverwinter from the Dungeons and Dragons setting.
- Compelling plot, based on the D&D lore
- Constant major updates
- Eight classes with different playstyles
- Ability to create user-generated content
The actions of this game revolve around the disappearance of the Lord of Neverwinter. The city is severely damaged because of the Spellplague, and the crowds of undead are attacking survived townspeople. The goal of your character is to understand what happened in the city and save its inhabitants.
Since Neverwinter is a D&D game, your character will be given much attention. You can change the race, class, name, customize the appearance and create the background for your hero.
After that, the game will start. The Neverwinter is a story-based game, so you will have to complete dozens of quests. Some of them would be unremarkable, but most of your tasks incredibly interesting and exciting — the dialogues with NPC written following the traditions of the D&D series. All non-player characters live their own unique lives, and it is fascinating to talk with them. All conversations with NPCs differ depending on the way you created your character. You can choose between different answer options to more accurately play the role of your hero.
In addition to game quests, you can go through the storylines created by the players and do your own. In Neverwinter, you can create brand new locations, characters, and plot. Here you can show your imagination and entertain other players with an exciting quest. The reward for completing the user-generated quest is not very high, but this is offset by the unique emotions received during the game.
Unfortunately, this game is not for PvP fans. The PvP is available only in specific modes, so it’s impossible to attack the random strangers. You will also have to find the opponent the same strength as you to conduct an equal battle. You can also join the Guild to open the special cooperative PvP mode.
Also, after joining a guild, you will discover several more new possibilities: exclusive bonuses to characteristics for every player, the ability to declare war on other guilds and unite in alliances, interact with your allies to reach common goals. Some features are available only to guild leaders. Ordinary players will also receive special equipment and the ability to complete special daily quests.
The Neverwinter is a perfect game for players that like RPG-games and enjoy exciting stories. Also, it would be suitable for fans of the D&D series.
There are twelve races and eight classes in Neverwinter.
- Drows — the wicked elves with deep darkish skin colour. This race lives in matriarchal communities in the place called Underdark. Some Drows are trying to prove to the rest of the world that not all dark elves are evil.
- Dwarves — the mighty stocky people, perfect blacksmiths and excellent fighters. Dwarves are very friendly and always ready to help their allies.
- Half-Elves — the offsprings of Humans and Elves. This race is always open to adventure and exploration. Half-elves are very charismatic so that they quickly find allies.
- Half-Orcs — the descendants of the Humans and Orcs. Since the birth of half-orc was a shame for the human family, such children often became renounced from society. These children grow up into reckless adventurers or brutal bandits.
- Halflings — a race of the small stumpy people with calm character and incredible charisma. Despite their height, they are all fearless and skilful warriors.
- Humans — a race that cannot be precisely described in one sentence. Humans are very different: they are better than others to adapt to new conditions so that human settlements can be found everywhere; all people have different height, appearance and character.
- Menzoberranzan Renegades — the Drows from the Menzoberranzan city. They are traitors of their race, outcasted from their homes.
- Moon Elves — the most common elven subrace. These elves are not as much immersed in tradition as their brethren, and much more tolerant of other races.
- Sun Elves — a race deeply immersed in its traditions. They consider themselves as guardians of the elven heritage. The Sun Elves scorn even other elven subraces, not just other races.
- Tiefling — creatures with a complicated and dark history. Their appearance often repels other races, especially humans, because Tieflings looks like the devilish creatures.
- Wood Elves — the athletic and agile creatures who live in a forest. They're trying to protect their home, the Woods of the Forgotten Realms.
- Dragonborn — Lizardmen race added with the Tyranny of Dragons expansion pack.
The Neverwinter has eight classes to choose. This choice determines your role in the world of this game.
- Trickster Rogues — the assassins of the Neverwinter world. They move quickly and covertly, which allows them to attack enemies undetected. Despite their excellent attack skills, Rogues suffer from weak defence and low HP.
- Devoted Clerics — the buffers and healers. They can use defensive skills to support themselves and their allies. The classes also could be customized by choosing the Paragon Path.
- Control Wizards — the damage dealers. They can cast the terrifying damage spells, leaving no chance of survive to enemies.
- Hunter Rangers — both melee and ranged class. They are dealing colossal damage to enemies with their bow and uses melee skills to crush crowds of enemies.
- Great Weapon Fighters — the solo melee class. They don't use skills because this class is armed with heavy two-handed weapons. To compensate for their lack of defence, they wear the armour that very thick and durable.
- Guardian Fighters — the defensive class. These Fighters create complicated strategies to fight the enemy most effectively. They use shields and heavy armour to protect their bodies and distract the enemies to defend the allies.
- Scourge Warlocks — these adepts of the dark arts wear darkleather armour, pact blades and carries grimoires with them.
- Oathbound Paladins — the holy knights that swore to defend the innocent and weak. They use magic to protect and heal the allies.
Neverwinter System Requirements
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 6600, ATI/AMD Radeon X1300, Intel G965 Express
- CPU: Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz (or equivalent AMD CPU)
- File Size: 23 GB
- OS: Windows® 7, 8 or 10 (64-bit)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce GTX 4xx, ATI/AMD Radeon HD 5xxx, Intel HD Graphics 4xxx
- CPU: Core i5-2xxx Quad Core or better
- File Size: 23 GB
- OS: Windows® 10