You are here
Path of Exile Review
Path of Exile is a multiplayer role-playing action in the style of dark fantasy. The development and publishing of the studio were carried out by Grinding Gear Games.
- The unique character skill system
- Large gaming community
- Many different locations and dungeons
- A lot of unique items and mechanics
Due to its inherent Dungeon crawler element, many compare it to the famous Diablo series. The game has a storyline, but it is hard to track, and it is not one of the fundamentals of PoE.
Path of Exile Gameplay
The gameplay is a sequential passage of branched tunnel locations and dungeons. During breaks, the player visits the safe areas on which non-player characters are offering various services. In the beginning, Path of Exile provides a good character editor where the player can customize the character's appearance, voice, and class. The difference between types is in the initial attributes, further rewards for completed tasks, and in a starting place in the skill tree. For fans of battles against other players, it is possible to create a character exclusively for PvP.
Also, it is worth noting the high variability and mobility in the fighting styles of the character. Thanks to a unique system of techniques and a massive skill tree, you can create both unidirectional and hybrid classes. The system of builds in PoE is quite extensive and complex, so it is recommended for new players to read the instructions for beginners.
Path of Exile has a classic level-based leveling system. When moving to the next level, the character opens up the possibility of using new equipment, and also increases the health, mana, accuracy, and dodge indicators. The game has a considerable number of different types of opponents. The appearance of each, even the most insignificant mob, is well designed. Besides, passing dungeons, the player will face mini-bosses and bosses. Each of them will have to look for its approach, and for moving some of which it will be necessary to grind.
The main gameplay of Path of Exile begins in the endgame when the main storyline is completed. From this moment, direct interaction with other players will occur, both in terms of trade relations and in terms of raids of various locations and bosses. The player can farm certain things of great value, help beginners, or go through non-plot dungeons of increased difficulty.
The project implements a league system, which usually marks the start from the very beginning, but with a lot of new content. Thanks to this feature, players are always on an equal footing, and the imbalance level is reduced to zero. The best players are the most experienced and attentive.
Path of Exile is famous for dragging players into the long hours of in-game pastime. The game has a massive amount of content, starting with an abundance of various equipment and builds and ending with steadily updates introducing new bosses, items, and locations.
Path of Exile is a project enticing for many hours, with a high replay value. The game is recommended to all fans of hack and slash MMORPG, as well as fans of the Diablo series. PoE has its in-game store, but purchases in it do not affect the balance and are only cosmetic.
Path of Exile Classes
PoE does not distinguish between characters in certain types of classes. Instead, there is a division by the main types of characteristics: strength, agility, and intelligence. The player has the opportunity to pump only one of them and to combinate them with each other. Depending on the character’s leveling path, the hero will be able to ascend to already specialized classes. Main classes:
- Strength - a pure class, the fighting style of which is a direct collision with the enemy. It deals a large amount of physical damage, and also has a significant health reserve. This class includes the Savage, ascending to the Conqueror, Berserker, or Leader.
- Agility - a pure class, based on the mobility and speed of the character. The battle is fought mainly at a long distance with a bow. Health is lower than strength class, but higher dodge. The primary class is the Huntress, who ascends to Sniper, Raider, or Ranger.
- Intelligence - a pure class, based on magic damage from the elements. In battle, he defends himself with an energy shield and has a large number of AOE attacks that have negative effects. The first class is a witch, later passing into the Necromancer, Elemental Mage, and Occultist.
Path of Exile System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 650 Ti or ATI Radeon™ HD 7850 or better
- CPU: x86-compatible 2.6GHz or better
- File Size: 20 GB
- OS: Windows 7 SP1/Windows 8
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti or ATI Radeon™ RX560 or better
- CPU: x64-compatible, 3.2GHz or better
- File Size: 20 GB
- OS: Windows 7 SP1/Windows 10