You are here
PlanetSide 2 Review
PlanetSide 2 is a sci-fi MMOFPS with immersive large-scale battles in the open world. It features not only classic shooter combat, but also ground vehicle and air-to-air fights.
- System of competing factions
- Colossal battles involving thousands of players
- Customizable playable classes
- Wide variety of equipment
PlanetSide 2 Gameplay
PlanetSide 2 is a free-to-play MMOFPS in a sci-fi setting. The main feature of this project is its combat system, which involves thousands of players into dynamic strategic battles in the open world. It has incredibly detailed large-scale maps with hand-crafted gameplay space suitable both for air and ground combats. You can control not only soldiers, but also different vehicles: helicopters, carriers, trucks, tanks, and moreover. The RvR controversy is one of the essential parts of the gameplay so that you will have to decide on your faction during character creation. Your hero will be involved in a bitter war on planet Auraxis, where each side of the conflict construes the events differently.
The battles take place between participants of specific factions called Empires: the New Conglomerate, the Terran Republic, and Vanu Sovereignty. All of them provide different benefits for the mercenaries. Still, it doesn’t mean that you must choose the most profitable cooperation: each faction has different goals and worldview, which influences their reputation and methods of warfare.
New Conglomerate — a group of rebel associations. This faction gathers up all freedom fighters, whose goal is to free humanity from alien influence.
Terran Republic — an empire with ancient history and the most trained military forces. The goal of Terrans is to keep the law and dominate over other factions.
Vanu Sovereignty — a transhumanist cult of scientists who puts the exploration of aliens higher than anything else.
PlanetSide 2 Classes
As well as many other RvR projects, PlanetSide 2 encourages players to team up and fight together in platoons. Depending on the chosen class, you will have to perform one of the various gameplay roles: from assaults of all kinds to medics and pilots of exosuits. Each archetype, weapon and vehicle has a unique skill tree, which can be customized during character development. At the moment, there are six playable classes:
- Infiltrator — specialists of assassination and stealth gameplay. These characters have many extraordinary features such as advanced technologies of camouflage, a chameleon module for their suits, and many others. Their primary weapons are scout and sniper rifles.
- Light Assault — extremely mobile soldiers who excel at short and medium-range combat. The unique feature of this class is a Jump Jet. Light Assaults use carabines, shotguns and submachine guns.
- Heavy Assault — experienced soldiers who wear reinforcement exosuits. These heroes are best tanks and damage-dealers because they’re protected with different kinds of shields and armed with heavy guns.
- Combat Medic — the primary healer class. Medics are equipped with different kinds of regeneration devices and shield rechargers. Their unique tools are medical and restoration kits.
- Engineer — the class of hybrid specialists who can control turrets, repair vehicles and participate in combat effectively. They can use different kinds of weapons from carbines to anti-materiel rifles.
- MAX — a hybrid between infantry and a vehicle. MAX characters are protected by heavily armoured suits armed with high-powered weapons. Regardless of their colossal damage rate, they’re almost useless without the support of Engineers.
PlanetSide 2 System Requirements
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 260
- CPU: Core i5-760
- File Size: 20 GB
- OS: Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Memory: 6 GB RAM (64-bit)
- Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 560
- CPU: Intel i7 processor
- File Size: 20 GB
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)