You are here
Riders of Icarus Review
Riders of Icarus is an action-combat MMORPG, featuring the unique, comprehensive pet system and dynamic battles on flying mounts.
- Lots of different pets and mounts
- Unique combat system
- Sophisticated cooperation with mounts
- Broad open world with many different areas and quests
Riders of Icarus Gameplay
Riders of Icarus is a unique MMORPG, which core mechanics are entirely based on taming and cooperation with the pets. The gameplay features dynamic combats in air, thrilling quest lines and many different side activities.
The essential part of Riders of Icarus is the pet system. It offers players many exciting activities, such as sophisticated taming mechanics, training of the Icarus, systems of talents, special equipment for your mount, and moreover. The majority of the available mounts can be turned into small personal pets, that can assist players in battles.
Another fundamental feature of this MMORPG is taming. It’s accessible for all players since the beginning of the game. The Riders of Icarus provides many tamable creatures and sophisticated taming mechanics with many sub-activities, such as tempering, collecting, and fighting.
All mounts and pets can be improved by tempering. This feature has five levels of quality with different stat bonuses. To temper one of your familiars, you should increase its level to the maximum. After that, you will be able to start. The Tempering buffs the abilities provides bonus HP and improves combat skills.
Riders of Icarus provides dozens of story quests, dungeons, raids and PvP activities. The primary area for Player vs Player combat is the Badlands. In this zone, the battle mode is always enabled, so that anyone can attack you at any time. Also, it has a couple of safe zones, such as Blood Moon Camp and Conqueror’s Gate. If you’re not a member of any of the guilds, you can join the Militia and cooperate with other single players.
For those who want to cooperate with other players, the game offers an opportunity to join a guild. These organizations provide different benefits, depending on the level of the guild you join. Also, the guilds can be gathered into an Alliance, that can participate in the unique Alliance War. The prize for the winner of this competition is overwhelmingly worthy.
The additional feature in this game is Familiar Farm. It’s a particular instanced area, where players can grow different plants, and place useful structures, such as stable for the mount, crafting station, workshop, and a corral for tamed creatures.
Riders of Icarus Classes
The game provides players with different types of Riders, called classes. You can choose one of them for your hero during the character creation; each one has a unique role in combat and gameplay style. At the moment, the game offers eight classes:
- Assassin — damage dealer who can fight in a close and ranged combat at the same time. Their main feature is agility: Assassins fear no one because they’re masters of sophisticated skill combos and sharp attacks. The preferred weapon and equipment of this class are daggers and light armour.
- Berserker — a representation of the classic melee close-combat class in this game. These heroes prefer to wear heavy and durable armour and two-handed swords called Greatsword. The abilities of the Berserker class is entirely based on the physical power and mighty Crowd Control skills.
- Guardian — the close-combat defensive class that uses skills similar to the Tank archetype. Guardians specialize in physical combat and especially defence. They wear heavy armour and two weapons, the Sword as the primary one and the Shield as secondary protection.
- Priest — a supportive class, Healer and Buffer at the same time. These heroes have low physical defence and damage rate, but they can stay away from the enemies with the help of the various magical tricks. They use Scepter and Crest while wearing a light Robe as equipment.
- Magician — a long-ranged damage-dealer, that can cause great destruction in a wide area. The heroes of this class prefer to use all kinds of magic to feed their powers and cast the most magnificent skills. Also, they have the same equipment as Wizards — staffs and robes. This class is one of the gender-locked.
- Ranger — a hybrid long-distance class that uses a longbow and vambrace as weapons. They can fight both in a close and ranged combat, due to the mixed battle abilities.
- Trickster — a class of summoners. Tricksters are gender-locked class, always young and cute; they use the power of nature to summon grass, flowers, and dolls, or kick the enemies with the overstuffed teddy bear. These heroes can have different roles in battle: damage-dealer, healer, debuffer and buffer.
- Wizard — a long-ranged class of spell-casters. This class is one of the most powerful damage-dealers in the game: they have the most comprehensive variety of offensive skills, both with the defensive abilities and heal spells. The Wizards can cast the mightiest AoE skills and mighty magic shields.
Riders of Icarus System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 260 (1GB)
- CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 @ 3.3GHz
- File Size: 30 GB
- OS: Windows Vista
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 460 (1GB)
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz
- File Size: 30 GB
- OS: Windows 7