You are here
Secret World Legends Review
Secret World Legends is a free-to-play story-driven MMO, developed and published by Funcom in 2013.
- Terrifying and mysterious monsters
- Maps with excellent design
- Enjoyable unusual setting
- Interesting plot and characters
Secret World Legends Gameplay
Secret World Legends is an MMO game, having a rather unusual plot and many exciting side quests. NPCs are also one of the essential features of the game; they are fascinating and well developed; many of them can surprise the player with their history and plot events related to them. It's a horror, with the monster designs inspired by the legends, myths, and creatures from popular cultures, such as bestiary of Howard Lovecraft.
First of all, before you join the game, you will have to create a character. As in most MMOs, you can change the appearance and gender of your hero, and choose the faction you would like to join. There are three factions in Secret World Legends at the moment.
- Dragon — The secret Asian organisation that is praising the natural chaos. Their goal is to bring back the life balance of the world. The members of Dragon doesn't have a particular strategy; all participants act on their own.
- Illuminati — A shadow faction, stealthily managing everything that happens in the world. Their main goal is to reach the most significant power they can. The headquarters of Illuminati placed in New York.
- Templar — Disciplined warriors following the traditions of their order. They're fighting evil forces without mercy, and the members give all their strength to achieve the desired.
The game has poor battle mechanics and almost no PvP because Secret World Legends is a story-driven PvE game. There are some PvP builds and ability to enter the arena, but it's too clumsy and straightforward.
The PvE mode in Secret World Legends suitable both for solo players and teams. Grouping feature is encouraged by the game. The combat is more enjoyable and dynamic when you fight with the allies on your side.
Secret World Legends Classes
In Secret World Legends, there is no strict separation into classes. There are nine basic builds you can choose during the character creation, but this system is flexible so that you can change the playstyle during the progress trough game. The classes are determined by the weapon they use as primary.
The main goal of the characters with this role is to cause colossal damage to enemies as fast as possible. The DPS classes can use any weapon in their builds. All of the combinations are legit, but there are some 'basic' types, offered by the game.
- Assassin — Blade + Elementalism Focus
- Gun Slinger — Pistols + Shotgun
- Magus — Chaos Magic Focus + Elementalism Focus
The main feature of the Tank classes is an opportunity to distract the enemies from the other party member while they are doing their work. The Tanks have an impressive level of health and excellent protection to carry the whole damage of the enemy on themselves. These classes use weapons that increase their defence or attracts the enemy.
- Demolisher — Hammer + Blade
- Punisher — Shotgun + Hammer
- Trickster — Chaos Magic Focus + Pistols
The team needs the healers to support the defensive and attacking characters, who are suffering from enemy damage. The main goal of Healer classes is to help the teammates to regenerate the HP faster and to increase the stats with different buffs. The Healers use weapons than increases their ability to heal.
- Mercenary — Assault Rifle + Fist Weapon
- Ravager — Fist Weapon + Blood Magic Focus
- Warlock — Assault Rifle + Blood Magic Focus
Secret World Legends System Requirements
- Memory: 3GB
- Graphics Card: GeForce 8800 GT/Radeon HD3850 512MB
- CPU: 2.6 GHZ Intel Core 2 DUO or equivalent
- File Size: 6.4GB
- OS: Win 10 /XP/ Vista /7
- Memory: 6GB
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1Gb
- CPU: Intel Core i5 3.0Ghz or equivalent
- File Size: 6.4GB
- OS: Windows 10 64 bit