You are here
SMITE is a free-to-play third-person MOBA game in fantasy celestial setting, developed by Titan Forge Games.
- A wide variety of game mods
- Team-based PvP battles
- Unusual for the genre third-person perspective
- An opportunity to control the real god
SMITE is a free-to-play MOBA game in an unusual setting, representing the battle of more than hundred of gods and deities from different religions. The gameplay is classical for the MOBA genre, with some additional features.
Another outstanding for MOBA feature in SMITE is that you can complete quests - both daily and story quests. For successful completion, you will get Favor, Gems and different cosmetic items.
The map of the game in SMITE has a classical model: there are three main lines with jungle areas in between; here, you can see the structures. These objects are the main objectives in the game: Towers are used as defensive buildings, each tower can damage enemies; Phoenixes are protecting the Titans from destruction, and Titans, the final objectives. If your team destroys enemy Titan, then you're a winner. The game stops automatically after you defeated all of the enemy structures. Also, there are Fountains at the bases, where players can buy items and restores health or mana. If you enter the enemy fountain, you will start getting damage.
The Jungle is another type of area that you can see on the minimap. These areas are placed in between the lanes, so you can travel around the map using quick jungle way. In these places, you can find the mob camps. For clearing up these bases, you will get valuable resources and items.
Another type of AI-controlled mobs is Minions, also called Creeps. Each team has its minions that attack the enemy heroes and structures. They also have a specific advanced form, Flaming Minions; it can be opened after you destroyed the phoenix. This type of troops has an increased level of damage and defence.
For participating in battles, killing creeps and other players, you will receive Gold and experience points. One exciting feature of the game is that you receive gold automatically every couple of seconds, depending on the game mode you play. Gold can be used for buying useful items that improve the gameplay and strengthen your character; Experience points are used to level up your hero.
If you want to gain XP faster, it will be useful to start completing quests of different types: Weekly tasks, the standard kind of the quest for SMITE; Special Events, controlled by the game system; and Training for new players.
For completing different actions, such as the successful kill of nine enemies in a row, or destroying the current type of an enemy, you will receive Accolades. It's something like usual achievements but closely related to the game world. Your Accolades are shown for other players in your profile. Despite this, ordinary Achievements also exist in the game.
For fans of competitions and tournaments, the SMITE has a ranked system and lots of PvP modes. The ranked system allows you to battle with players with similar skills comparing to you. In this mode, you start with the Bronze tear; it can be increased by participating in battles. Thay highest ranks in this game are Diamond and Master. Once you reached the last title, your opponents will be chosen by Matchmaking Rating system, divided into divisions. This game mode has different valuable rewards, such as Winner's chests, Gems and other items. Also, you can climb the Leaderboard ladder to show that you are the most skilled fighter.
Ranked Leagues features competitions in the Conquest mode. For these matches, you will get the most significant rewards, based on the gained points. You will also win a Tribute title.
For players who don't like to fight alone, the game provides a traditional Clan system. Due to this feature, you can gather up with other players with the same goals and game styles. It's one of the essential social activities. You can have different ranks in a clan, from newbie Initiate up to noble Officer or Creator when players earn something, the Honour rate of the community increases. There are also clan store and clan chest with different useful items and materials.
- Conquest — a mode where two teams with five players in each fight on the standard Arena with three lines.
- Arena — a small 5v5 map with no lines, towers and other usual structures. Your goal in this mode is to reduce the amount of 'HP' points; you and your enemy receive 500 tickets at the beginning of the match.
- Assault — a mode where two teams 5v5 faced in a single lane. It has no jungle camps and side structures; all you can do is concentrate on a fight with the enemy.
- Joust — 3v3 Game Mode, with one small lane and different jungle camps. The objective is still the same: you need to destroy the Phoenix and Titan.
- Siege — a classic 5v5 mode with overpowered colossal creeps.
- Clash — a 5v5 mode with an unusual design of the game map. It has only two lanes defended by various structures.
- Match of the Day — a daily competition mode, the requirements are changing every day. The main feature of MotD is unique, unconventional rules and maps.
- Adventures — limited-timed mode, usually lasting for the four weeks. Every Adventure has different settings and conceptions.
- Custom — your map with unique rules, requirements and environment.
- Training — a card where you can hone your skills and learn more about SMITE mechanics.
- PvE — events, where you can fight not with other people, but with computer-controlled bots. It's usually dedicated to one of the gods.
SMITE System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
- CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
- File Size: 30 GB
- OS: Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Memory: 6 GB
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2.8 GHz
- File Size: 30 GB
- OS: Windows 8/10 (64-bit)