You are here
Snowballs is a massively multiplayer online action arcade game.
- Exciting simple gameplay
- Single and multiplayer game modes
- Excellent visuals and the beautiful in-game environment
- Customizable gameplay mechanics
Snowballs is a massively multiplayer online casual game in the action-arcade genre. It was developed and published by Funny Games, who have previously developed similar projects — for example, Easy Shooter and Hide and Seek.
There are no specific teams in Snowballs, and the whole gameplay takes place in the deathmatch game mode, where everyone fights for himself. The game itself simulates a snowball shootout in an open area, but it has its peculiarities. During the game, participants can pick up various consumable bonuses that give different positive effects. In the match, a rating system "King of the Hill" type is implemented. The player gains a streak of kills, getting points for each, and breaks out in first place. However, after the death, then the counter is reset to zero. The game has no end and no conditions for victory.
The battle is fought with snowballs and bats if the character's snow reserves are over. Melee weapons do much more damage than snowballs, but getting close to the enemy is quite tricky.
Basic game mechanics of Snowballs
The game has several game modes: single-player with bots, cooperative against bots and multiplayer.
In single-player mode, the player is set in a lobby with bots against which the game is being played. It is worth noting that the opponents have a well-developed artificial intelligence. They do not rush at the player headlong but try to find a right moment to attack. Their good accuracy and ability to use bonuses are also surprising.
Co-op mode is a cooperative game of users against bots. The gameplay has not been changed in any way.
Multiplayer is the primary Snowballs mode where players can fight each other. It is possible to create your server for playing with friends.
Physics in Snowballs
One of the features is the physics of the shooting mechanics. In Snowballs, players need to accurately aim and calculate the trajectory of the snowball, taking into account its weight, flight speed, speed and direction of the target. You will have to get used to shooting ahead of the curve. There is also ragdoll body mechanics and physics when players move and fly. Physics add more interest to the game, making it less casual.
Character Customization in Snowballs
The game has a kind of customization, which is, however, random. Depending on the number of players on the server, his character will be given a unique headdress. This is done so that players can distinguish each other, cooperate with allies and focus on the session leader.
Various bonuses are located on the map in random places, which respawn after some time. When picking up one of them for a specific time, the player receives a positive effect, but at the same time, he cannot pick up another bonus. There are five different bonuses in the game.
The snowman is a bonus that is available throughout the game, but it can only be activated if there is a supply of snow.
- When activated, a snowman is placed on the selected place, acting as a mine. When enemies approach, it explodes, dealing damage in an area.
- New Year's gift socks are a bonus that significantly increases the character's mobility indicators. When activated, it will allow the player to move much faster, as well as make high jumps.
- Gift box is a bonus that temporarily increases the character's attack. When picked up, the player's snowballs are endowed with a dark aura that significantly increases hit damage.
- The snowball is one of the most robust bonuses in the game.
At this time, the character's speed of movement increases significantly. Besides, crashing into an opponent, you can instantly knock them out.
A set of snowballs is a bonus that does not impose any temporary effect. Instead, he replenishes the player's snow reserves if they are suddenly not at their maximum.
Visuals and map design of Snowballs
Snowballs is made in a pleasant cartoonish low poly 3D style with a third-person view. Even though there is only one map in the game, it doesn't get boring to play on it all the time. A well-designed environment and a competent arrangement of structures influence this.
The entire map is wholly and entirely filled with snow and themed decorations, such as decorated Christmas trees, giant igloos, ice mountains, etc.
The whole environment manages to immerse the player in the pre-holiday atmosphere of the upcoming new year.
Graphically, the game does not evoke unpleasant emotions for all its external simplicity. The scenery and character models are well detailed. Also, there is dynamic lighting as well as a constant weather effect of snowfall.
Games Like Snowballs
- Team Fortress 2 is a multiplayer first-person shooter computer game developed and published by Valve Corporation in 2007. The gameplay takes place on separate game maps. Each card belongs to one of several game modes, which determines the tasks of the card and the rules for playing on it. Two teams take part in the game, which differs in colour of uniform - Red and Blue - mercenaries of two opposing companies. Teams are made up of characters that can be live players or bots; names are chosen from nine classes, the game characteristics of which do not depend on the team. Each class has weapons in its arsenal that allow you to attack opponents from the other team, and non-attacking items designed for different purposes. Depending on the game mode, the units can be either equivalent, for example, in the symmetric point control mode, or not, as, for instance, in the Escort mode, where the Blue team takes the role of attackers, and the Red team - defenders. One of the main features similar to Snowballs is the familiar genre - casual action shooter. Winter maps are also available in TF2. The environment, the cartoon style, the mechanics of the characters' behaviour are all standard features of these two games.
- Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (TABS) is a ragdoll physics battle simulation game developed and published by Landfall Games. The game was published on Steam on April 1, 2019. The player places units on the battle layout, showing the player's units, map, and enemy troops. After the player has created his army for a specific budget, he can start a battle against the enemy army. At the start of the fight, each unit will launch its attacks. In these battles, each unit is programmed with its unique weapons, behaviour, and mechanics. At the moment, the game has two modes: sandbox and campaign. One of the distinguishing features of TABS from other strategies is the ability to take control of any unit, turning the strategy into a third-person action game. At the moment of fighting and participating in the battle for a particular unit, the game is very similar to Snowballs. The two games also share a cartoonish style and design.
- Easy Shooter is a fast-paced online game with high dynamics, and endless respawn. It has a large number of weapons and a wide variety of character skins. The game was released by Funny Games in Summer 2020. Compared to Snowballs, we can say that these are two identical games, but Easy Shooter is more elaborate in terms of game mechanics. Unlike Snowballs, there are not bonuses scattered around the crate, but weapons and ammunition. The map is also dynamic and is designed for 25 players at a time. An identical rating system of the match has been implemented, whereby killing players you get a certain number of points. It is possible to complete various tasks and at the same time, unlock new skins and weapons.
Snowballs System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / AMD Radeon HD 6850
- CPU: Intel Core i3, 2.4GHz
- File Size: 1 GB available space
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / AMD R9 390
- CPU: Intel Core i5, 2.8GHz
- File Size: 1 GB available space
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10