You are here
TERA is a free-to-play MMORPG in a fantasy setting, developed by Korean Bluehole Studio in 2011
- Non-target battle system
- A vast world with lots of picturesque locations
- Deep character customization
- A wide variety of classes with different gameplay
TERA is a roleplaying game with dynamic non-target combat, exciting storyline and lots of different activities. The events of this world are based in a place called Arborea. It is populated with various creatures. Some of them are playable races. As in almost every RPG, the plot tells about a war between good and evil; so the player's goal is to be involved in that rival and bring back the world's balance. During the character creation, you can choose the race, appearance and class of your hero.
The main activities in TERA are completing story quests, participating in guilds, battles with other players and raid bosses. One of the most enjoyable features in TERA is battles, both PvP and PvE. The primary PvE battles will be necessary to complete only until levels 40-50; after that, you will have access to colossal group raids, where you will face enemies with sophisticated attacks and outstanding tricks. The game turns more exciting and complicated near to its end.
The Crafting system of TERA is one of the most significant aspects of the game. It's pretty simple: not as easy as in other RPGs, but without extra incomprehensible features. There are five crafting skills: Cooking, Etching, Smelting, Processing and Alchemy. Each of them can be upped to 100 points of mastery. Every character can develop all of the skills, and after the whole mastery level reaches the 500 points, you can take the Artisan test. After that, you will become an Artisan in one skill, and the level cap will rise to 800. If you reached that goal, you would get the Master title. Crafting requires limited production points, that can be restored automatically after the current time.
By Cooking, you can craft food and drink that gives various buffs;
The Etching allows to make scrolls that can be applied on armour;
Processing provides bait and silexes, various enchantments and different small items, such as accessories or gifts for partners;
Smelting is used to makes ingots, tools and fish crates;
The Alchemy skill is used to make jewels, potions, dyes, reagents and Alchemical Stones.
At least one of the crafting areas will be useful to every player: to have rare and durable armour, you need to be able to make materials for it and collect equipment yourself. Even if your character has the highest level, he will not be able to defeat even the lightest bosses.
Another feature that depends most heavily on equipment and skills is PvP mode. Here, players compete between each other to show the most effective model of the character development and the rarest armour sets. There are Duel fights, where you can fight with other players face to face; Deathmatch, a group fight that can be played for reward, chosen by participants; and Guild versus Guild, a game mode, where you can fight every participant of the enemy guild on the server. Guild Wars is one of the most exciting battle types because you can attack your enemies in every location during the PvP.
The battles in TERA are mostly enjoyable because they are swift and smooth; your character reacts with lightning speed, and you don't have to select a target with a click. It does not only look impressive but also gives freedom to attack, dodge and use skills.
Last small feature that improves the gameplay is Pets. There are also advanced pet system called Companions; each player can have up to ten pets. Each of these friendly creatures has unique abilities or Gifted Skills. Their main differences are that Pets have Energy and Experience bars while each Partner has Stamina and Fellowship. Partners also have battle buffs and AI chatbot.
TERA is an outstanding MMORPG with a dynamic combat system, smooth and exciting plot, picturesque graphics and flexible gameplay. It's suitable both for casual players and hardcore PvP fans.
The game has 13 classes. Each one has different skills and playstyles. Here's the full list:
- Archer — a ranged class. These heroes prefer light armour and bows with different arrows: explosive, rapid-fire, or poisoned; they're striking from a high distance so that enemies can't spot them. Also, archers are good at setting traps, stunning and poisoning their foes.
- Berserker — the furious offensive class, with high HP and colossal damage rate. Berserkers are good as tanks because their heavy armour is the very thing to protect the allies from enemy attacks. These heroes use Axe both as an offensive and defensive weapon.
- Lancer — a mighty tank class. Lancers have lots of defensive skills, both with damage abilities. These heroes also can decrease the damage caused by enemies to the whole party. They wear heavy armour and durable shield to protect their bodies.
- Mystic — healers, summoners and damage dealers at the same time. Mystics have a wide range of supportive skills and severe damage, that makes them the best hero for a big team. Also, it's one of the pet classes. These heroes wear light robes because they already have magical protection.
- Priest — a dominant healer class. Priests are good at sustaining living creatures, and they also have some useful debuffs. They wear robes because these heroes rely on self-healing abilities.
- Slayer — an agile damage-dealer class. These heroes use huge Greatswords as their weapon so that they can fight their enemies with unbelievable force. Slayers wear Leather armour which does not constrain movement.
- Sorcerer — the heroes with overwhelming damage rate, that use area attacks to erase crowds of enemies. They also have tons of useful attack skills, based on the art of elemental magic.
- Warrior — the classic damage class that prefers close melee combat. Warriors use twin swords to attack their enemies fast, and leather armour to facilitate movement.
- Reaper — a class of heroes that uses unique chain blades as their weapon. Reaper is a limited class; it means that you can create a reaper-hero only if you have another character at least with level forty. Reapers start the game with level fifty.
- Gunner — a fast ranged class that uses heavy cannons and guns to shoot enemies. These heroes quickly clear the extensive territories with crowds of enemy mobs. Also, Gunners can place a turret on a field to get an additional defence or summon an HB heal.
- Brawler — class with heavy armour, that uses massive mechanical knuckles instead of a usual weapon. They're good at tank role because of their heavy armour and colossal powerfists.
- Ninja — a sneaky agile class. They use hit-and-run strategy to defeat enemies: Ninjas have various decoys and teleport, that allows them to strike a foe and then disappear. The weapon of Ninja is four rotating blades, resembling shuriken.
- Valkyrie — a user of rune weapons. Valkyries use only light armour and fast spinning attacks.
TERA System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: GeForce 9800 GT
- CPU: Intel Core i3-2130
- File Size: 45 GB
- OS: Win 7 (32-bit)
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: GeForce GTS 450/Radeon HD 4890 1GB
- CPU: Intel Core i5 3570/AMD FX 6350
- File Size: 60 GB
- OS: Win 7/8/10 (64-bit)