You are here
Torchlight 2 Review
Torchlight II is an Action/RPG computer game released on September 20, 2012, developed by Runic Games and published by Perfect World.
- Immersive action-filled combat
- Advanced system of pets
- Well-balanced playable classes
- Excellent levelling and skills
Torchlight II Gameplay
The plot of Torchlight 2 is divided into four acts, the design of which is very different from each other. The ancient dragon Ordrak, the source of spoilage, deep beneath the mining town of Torchlight, has been defeated by three heroes, Destroyer, Alchemist, and Vanquisher. Years later, Alchemist becomes obsessed with the dangers emanating from Ember and Ember Blight. The protagonist of the previous game was also sick of this curse. Now the new heroes must deal with the troubles caused by the Alchemist and fix the chaos caused by his actions.
The main gameplay parameters remained unchanged, but the creators repeatedly expanded the world of the game. In Torchlight 2, the protagonist can travel long distances between several cities. The game's graphics and design are much better than the analogue, and the main campaign has a deeper and more interesting storyline. One of the project features is a system of changing times of day and changing weather conditions.
In Torchlight 2, the player has an opportunity to customize the protagonist's external features in more detail compared to the first part. The choice of pets-familiars also expanded. You can also feed them fish caught in ponds and rivers, which will temporarily or permanently turn your pet into a monster.
Torchlight 2 Classes
There are four classes of characters in the game. Each of them has a special third kind of energy scale in addition to health and Charge. As this scale fills up throughout combat, the protagonist begins to use his combat skills more effectively.
- Engineer — a hardy and well-armed steampunk-style melee fighter. Engineer is capable of using ranged attacks but is best used in hand-to-hand combat. Most spells of this class are aimed at inflicting direct mass damage and enhancing defensive characteristics. In addition, the Engineer is able to summon a robotic healer on the battlefield, which replenishes some health points or can shelter himself and his allies with an energy shield.
- Outlander — a nomad who uses ranged weapons and magic. This class can use a variety of spells that aim to deter, stun and slow down the enemy. Some spells increase the Wanderer's rate of fire and allow him to throw enemies away. Also, there are self-directed attacks.
- Berserker — the most effective class in hand-to-hand combat, but inferior in stamina to Engineer. The main advantage of this class is its high critical hit rate and fast attack speed. Berserkers are the closest in style to the classic Barbarian.
- Embermage — a ranged class, close to the classic wizard class. These heroes can use a variety of combined long-range and area attacks. Spells can deal all types of damage (fire, ice, electric, poison) in all directions, self-directed at the enemy, or stationary on the map.
Torchlight 2 System Requirements
- Memory: 1GB System RAM
- Graphics Card: DirectX compatible 3D graphics card with at least 256MB of addressable memory.
- CPU: x86-compatible 1.4GHz or faster processor
- File Size: 1.7GB free space
- OS: Windows XP SP3/Vista/Windows 7