You are here
Valorant is one of the most ambitious online projects released in 2020; it's a free-to-play tactical shooter.
- Unique characters with different gameplay styles
- Wide variety of weapons
- Classic map designs
- Unique mechanics of combat
Valorant is one of the most intriguing and exciting games; it has exotic gameplay and immersive storyline that will not let you get bored. Valorant is a free 5-by-5 tactical shooter from Riot Games. The game is scheduled for release in 2020, and the developers promise free servers for all players and a minimum of 30 FPS, even on older PCs. Riot Games promises a lot of servers around the world and low system requirements, which allows you to play on a huge number of configurations of the old generation at least in 30 FPS. The users of modern PCs will be able to enjoy the game in 60 FPS.
The gameplay is quite simple, and it's very similar to Counterstrike: it's a confrontation between two teams, the terrorists whose task is to successfully detonate the charge, and the special forces who should eliminate the enemy. It's obvious in comparison with CS that devs were inspired by the mechanics of this game, and there are valid reasons for this decision: they were consulted by professional gamers from the best teams. Valorant has huge ambitions to become one of the most popular esports games.
What about maps and weapons?
There will be four maps at the start of the game, but they cannot be selected before the start of the match. Riot Games has stated that they want to make a dynamic pool of locations that will change depending on player feedback. The authors of Valorant refused to support custom modes and maps.
The combat mechanics of Valorant are very similar to shooting in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – you have to aim very correctly to kill the enemy with the first shot. If you're not so skilled, you will deal with enemies in two-three shots. Therefore, the skills of accurate shooting and the choice of strategy is a priority for every player. However, even the most comfortable gameplay can be spoiled by players who install various cheat programs on their computer, and Riot Games used a unique anti-hacking system to prevent cheating.
As for the weapons, Valorant features a wide variety which can be selected before the match. Still, the number of available guns is not very huge: instead of that Riot decided to design numerous skins which change the appearance but not the stats.
What characters are there?
At the moment, the developers announced ten characters with different abilities. The authors stated that skills are much less important than shooting, but it's either impossible to succeed without abilities. The "Battle pass" will also be available from the first days: each challenge requires you to perform different skills while playing for specific heroes.
Upon the release, all players will have access to five heroes, and five more can be unlocked for in-game currency or real money. The developers explained the huge variety of heroes: the agents differ only by equipment and style, and their roles will not be clearly prescribed to any of them. The game's characters are divided into four groups: initiators, duelists, guards, and manipulators.
Here's the list of heroes accessible at the release:
- Phoenix is a damage-dealer who feed his health by causing damage to enemies. He's a master of fire attacks and tanking.
- Jett is a fast and agile character whose strategy is to dodge and fight the enemy from behind. Still, she's not a stealth hero: Jett can use fog to cover the opponents and rush into the battle.
- Viper uses toxins and poison gas in combat; some of her abilities also use a secondary resource called fuel.
- Owl is an Archer who's able to track and eliminate the enemy with amazing accuracy; the unique abilities of this character are provided by drones and arrows with sonars.
- Cypher is a quiet and accurate spy, whose purpose is to lure enemies into traps. It's one of the most stealthy and sneaky heroes.
- Brimstone is a skilled soldier who can use orbital weaponry and create colossal smokescreens, which allows to support allies and cause damage to enemies at the same time.
- Sage is a primary healer of the project: she's a dedicated medic with a wide range of supportive skills.
- Omen is a mind player with unique skills of teleportation and illusions. This character is mystic and dangerous because of the stealthy explosive orbs.
- Breach is a powerful fighter who has colossal seismic damage. This character can disorient and disarm opponents.
- Raze is a specialist of demolitions; she is a master of deadly grenades of all kinds. She has probably one of the most exciting weapons in the game, a rocket launcher, which allows her to deploy bombs on different surfaces and bomb the enemies directly at the same time.
Valorant System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: Intel HD 3000
- CPU: Intel i3-370M
- File Size: 100 GB
- OS: Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVidia GTX 1050 Ti
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4460
- File Size: 100 GB
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)