You are here
Wizard101 is an MMORPG wizard game, developed by KingsIsle Entertainment in 2008.
- Seven magical schools with different game styles
- Deep and exciting storyline
- Card-based combat
- Lots of additional activities
The fictional world of Wizard101 is divided into different worlds with lots of areas. Your purpose in this game is to save the world from the evil powers. To reach this goal, you will have to complete different quests and visit dungeons.
The PvE and PvP gameplay consist of using different magic cards in your card deck. There are two types of cards: permanent, that stay with you forever, and Treasure Cards, that disappear after the battle.
You can participate in PvP battles on the arena. There is an opportunity to start a duel yourself or to watch a match in progress. The tournaments have different types, like duel 1x1 or 4x4. Battles last quite a long time, from 60 to 180 minutes. For participation in PvP battles, you will receive different ranks and awards.
In addition to battles and plot, the game has a deep social component. You can buy a house and decorate it as much as you want, buy a pet and customize it, participate in different events like Beastmoon Hunt and Deckathalons, play mini games, go fishing or craft an unusual item.
Wizard 101 is a shareware game. To discover most of the entertainments in this project, you need to buy a Membership. If you do not want to buy a subscription, then you will not be able to participate in ranked PvP matches and derby races, and your character will be much worse by default than the heroes of premium players. If you are only interested in the PvE part of the game, then you can play without a Membership.
When you start the game for the first time, you need to create a character. You can change the gender, name and class of your hero. There are seven primary schools of magic in the game.
- Fire school. Fire wizards, called Pyromancers, learn how to do massive damage to the enemies and how to summon fire creatures.
- Storm School. The adepts of the storm school, called Diviners, have the most severe damage in the game from the very first levels, but they also have the lowest HP. Diviners also can remove damage spells that enemy cast.
- Ice School. The students of this school, Thaumaturges, have the highest HP in the game. They are tough to defeat because these magicians learn protective spells from the very first levels, and they also can summon ice creatures that distract enemies.
- Myth School. Wizards of the Myth School, known as Conjurers, use the power of their imagination to summon terrifying beasts and protect them by buffing. This class can also take down defences.
- Life School. The students of this school, called Theurgists, know how to heal them and their allies, but they have low damage and defence.
- Death School. The Necromancers, students of this school, steal the enemy's health to restore theirs. They also can build-up complicated skill combinations to cast powerful spells.
There are also three supplemental types of magic used to improve your skill tree.
- The Sun magic concentrates on powerful spells and mutations.
- The Moon magic is the best choice for masters of shapeshifting. It helps you to transform into a mighty creature.
- The Star magic enhances your stats and makes your character stronger.
Finally, there is also the dangerous and forbidden Shadow Magic. You should be the mighty magician to deal with this type of magic. It is complicated to use and is not available to beginners.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Microsoft Vista Service Pack 2 or higher
- CPU: 1GHz
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce 2 or equivalent
- File size: 5 GB