You are here
World of Tanks Review
World of Tanks is developed and published by Wargaming.net, a developer from Belorussia. It was published in Russia by Novy Disk and in China by KongZhong Corp.
- Carefully recreated models of vehicles
- Fast and vibrant gaming matches
- Huge community around the world
- Complete immersion on the battlefield
World of Tanks is a multiplayer online game that provides you with a unique opportunity to plunge into the world of steel armored vehicles of the last century.This project will allow you to take control over more than 500 different tanks, starting with the most popular and famous that participated in the critical moments of the Second World war, and those that remained only as concepts, but never entered into production. This game is for true connoisseurs of tank battles. There you can enjoy good graphics, physics, and technology of the world.
Also you can communicate with a friendly community, which makes the game comfortable and enjoyable. You have an opportunity to participate in massive tank battles, where every decision is essential. In this article, a summary will be held to familiarize you with the game.
The purpose of the game:
The game has several modes, which will have a description below, but in each of them, your main objective is to win. You can do it by destroying all the equipment of the opponent or by fulfilling certain conditions - capture points, capture the flag. You will be able to cooperate with allies during the game using text and voice chat.
The game has plenty of game modes to choose from, each with its unique features. For single players, there is a mode "Random battles." In that one, you will pick up a team of 14 people, as well as 15 in the enemy team. The main goal in this mode is to destroy the enemy's vehicles. It is necessary to plan your actions during the game because the situation on the battlefield often changes. You should always be ready. The ability to competently choose a position, knowledge of the weak points of tanks, installed equipment on your tank – it will bring you victory.
For those fighters who are just beginning to improve their skills, there is a mode of "Training and Training." Here beginners and veterans can learn a new technique of fighting on different maps and equipment.
Advanced players can try their hand in the "Rating Battles" mode. In this mode, experienced players are fighting for a rating increase, which is an indicator of their high skill. This rating rises after victory and falls after defeat.
For fans of full-scale tank operations, there is a mode "Front Line." In this mode, the maps are enormous, and the number of players in the team is 30. In this mode unfolds the longest and brutal battles.
For players who want to take up a challenge and compete for big prizes, including gold and premium equipment, there is a "Tournament" mode. In this mode, you should rise to the top of Leaderboard to receive awards and prizes.
Also, there are modes for players who like to play in the clan - "Fortified Areas" and "Global Map." These modes are for cooperative play with people of your clan.
With such a variety of game modes, you can change the style of the game at any time. You can play alone, or you can gather friends in a platoon to destroy enemies together, or you can try new tactics and become the best tanker in the game.
The game has several indicators of efficiency and utility of the player in battle. The higher the index – the better. The first and primary of them is the win rate. This value lets you know how often a player wins.
The second indicator is the amount of damage done. This rating is important because it allows you to show how much you can do regardless of the team.
Rating — this indicator is standard for many online games. It's the most straightforward system: high score — a skilled player.
The game also has a lot of ratings, which bases on the number of destroyed equipment, battles in which you survived, etc.
There are three types of vehicles in WoT: regular, collectible, and premium. Premium machines bring much more credits per battle than the rest of the equipment.
During the game, you will have to choose your first tanks from the country which side do you want to play. After that, you can start a game, get experience and credits. You can spend them on new tanks and equipment. The maximum level of tank in the game is the tenth. It is the most powerful technique.
World of Tanks is a game for those players who want to enjoy dynamic, spectacular battles with the legendary tanks of the last century.
World of Tanks Classes
World of Tanks is a game about tanks, so there is a considerable number of combat vehicles from different countries. Each tank has its unique characteristics.
- USSR — 125 tanks. Machines from this country are very diverse. Some of the models are heavy armored tanks, and others are incredibly maneuverable. Soviet equipment is entirely inaccurate guns of heavy tanks, excellent anti-tank installations, Soviet roundhouse shot, which flies right on target and causes irreparable damage, and armor that repel shells.
- USA — 93 tanks. Tanks of this country characterized by significant damage. Those are great tanks with a high rate of fire and high maneuverable vehicles.
- France — 70 tanks. French tanks are good at shooting armor-piercing shells, which allows you to break through the armor of the most durable tanks. The guns from this country are much stronger in penetration than their counterparts.
- Great Britain— 78 tanks. Tanks of this country are also very different: from fairly maneuverable heavy to incredibly fast light tanks.
- Czechoslovakia — 12 tanks. The tanks from this country are distinguished by angular armor, which often conclusively shows itself in a frontal battle, as well as good guns, which have high penetration potential.
- China — 42 machines. Chinese technologies are similar to the Soviets.
- Japan — 26 tanks. Japanese tanks stand out with a low chance of survival on the battlefield, but at the same time, are deadly for the enemy.
- Germany — 115 tanks. German tanks, well known in the era of World War II and not only, have one of the most accurate guns in the game. German artillery installations have low damage, heavy tanks have strong armor, but almost all German tanks suffer from frequent engine fires when hit by an enemy shell.
- Sweden — 28 tanks. Swedish tanks are unique – they have a compact body, but quite severe damage per minute.
- Poland — 14 tanks. Polish tanks can be compared with American ones, but Poland does not have enough light tanks. All Polish tanks
- Italy — 12 tanks. The newest Italian branch has a large number of powerful medium tanks that have cannons.
The game also has five types of tanks:
- Heavy tank. It has good armor, which allows us to contain the shells of the enemy, bounce them. These vehicles are usually slow, although some fast samples have a small amount of armor. The heavy tank requires the excellent skill of the game. The main feature is that this tank has a large amount of armor in the forehead, which allows destroying everything in its path. Some heavy tanks have a particularly strong tower on which they will rely during the game. They can hide the body behind any obstacle, opening the enemy only a steel tower, which cannot be broken through. Thus, a heavy tank is a slow armored vehicle that has a powerful weapon, but is not fast enough, which is why it loses much in speed to other tanks.
- Medium tank. This type of machine has a reasonably strong armor, especially in the frontal part, as well as excellent maneuverability. Medium tanks can single-handedly kill heavy tanks by simply circling them.
- Light tank.These weapons have minimal armor and maximum mobility — their purpose is the detection of enemy forces. Light tanks should illuminate the enemy team, causing damage by rolling out for a short time to shoot. A platoon of light tanks can quickly destroy a single enemy vehicle.
- Tank destroyer. This type of equipment has one of the highest damage rates in the game. This technique has the highest armor penetration potential in the game, as well as significant one-time damage. This technique does not have high stamina, so it's better to hide from the enemy. High rates of stealth technology will help you to remain unnoticed. However, after each shot, you have a risk of being located by enemy forces, so you have to change the selected position.
- Artillery. This technique is one of the strongest in the game. With minimal durability, the artillery can shoot almost all over the map from its base and being safe at the same time.
World of Tanks System Requirements
- Memory: 2 GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600, ATI Radeon HD 4550.
- CPU: Intel Core i5
- File Size: 40 GB
- OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: GeForce GTX660 (2 GB) / Radeon HD 7850 (2 GB)
- CPU: Intel Core i5
- File Size: 40 GB
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 — 64-bit