World of Warplanes Review
World of Warplanes is a free-to-play MMOFPS game, developed by Persha Studia and released by Wargaming.net in 2013.
- Dynamic air battles with other players
- More than 250 aircraft of the golden era
- Wide variety of maps and game modes
- Simple in-game economy
World of Warplanes Gameplay
World of Warplanes is the second part of the famous "World of.." MMOFPS series, developed by Belorussian studio Wargaming.net.
The World of Warplanes is the most dynamic game in this series, filled with fast and fresh combats and incredible quick air manoeuvres.
In this game, you can open new planes by unlocking it during the game or by buying a premium aircraft for the real money. You can customize your warplanes with different weapons, engines, equipment and various consumables. There is also an opportunity to custom the visual style; for example, you can paint the plane in camouflage coloring. The World of Warplanes features more than 4600 aircraft combinations at the moment, so you can show your creativity and be unique at the battlefield.
The game has its own economy. There are eight different currencies in World of Warplanes at the moment.
Credits- primary in-game currency. It used the most to buy and improve aircraft.
Aircraft experience allows you to open new planes and modules. It is bound to one aircraft.
Free experience is an aircraft experience that is not bound to one plane.
Pilot/Gunner expirience is needed to improve your crew.
Gold is a premium currency. You can buy it for real money.
Premium time buffs your credits and exp on 50 %.
Materials are prizes for victories. This currency can be used on the improvement of equipment.
Tokens are rewards for completing daily quests. You can spend it on unlocking the "Specialist" mode of the game.
World of Warplanes has lots of different game modes with unique game styles.
- Random battles are the most common mode in the game. All of the random battles can be played only in the Conquest battle mode, where you have to attack and defence current areas to win.
- Invasion is an asymmetrical game mode, where you have to recapture the areas held by the enemy.
- War of attrition is a game mode where you have to destroy the resources of your enemy by destroying planes of the opponent team.
- Escort mode is another asymmetrical game mode. Your main goal here is to escort the strategic bombers through the enemy's area.
- Training mode allows you to practice your skills and learn the game mechanics in a quiet environment.
There are five types of planes in the game:
- Fighters. This type of planes is divided into three roles: aircraft for vertical combat, aircraft for horizontal combat and multi-role aircraft. It is used to do fast maneuvers. The Fighters are good for close air combat.
- Heavy Fighters are not that manoeuvrable as usual Fighters, but they are more powerful and dangerous in battle.
- Multirole Fighters are universal planes. They can participate in air battles and damage the ground targets at the same time.
- Bombers are high-speed planes that created to attack ground targets. They are heavily armored but still needs to be escorted by Fighters.
- Attack Aircraft has the broadest range of different bombs and rockets to destroy the ground targets. Their mobility is sluggish, so Attack Aircrafts always needs to be covered from the enemy by other planes.
All of the plains belong to different countries, seven of them presented in the game at the moment:
- Germany: 22 Fighters, 10 Multirole Fighters, 15 Heavy Fighters, 12 Attack Aircrafts, 8 Bombers.
- USSR: 31 Fighters, 20 Multirole Fighters, 15 Attack Aircrafts, 5 Bombers.
- U.S.A: 26 Fighters, 20 Multirole Fighters, 9 Heavy Fighters, 4 Bombers.
- Japan: 22 Fighters, 5 Multirole Fighters, 4 Heavy Fighters.
- China: 5 Fighters, 1 Multirole Fighter, 1 Heavy Fighter.
- France: 3 Fighters, 2 Heavy Fighters, 1 Attack Aircraft.
- UK: 22 Fighters, 12 Multirole Fighters, 7 Heavy Fighters, 1 Attack Aircraft, 1 Bomber.
World of Warplanes is a perfect game for players who like military aircraft.
World of Warplanes System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512MB, Radeon HD 3870
- CPU: Intel Core i3-2xxx or higher
- File Size: 35 GB
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce GTX 660 1GB, Radeon HD 7870 / higher
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2ххх, AMD FX 8xxx
- File Size: 45 GB
- OS: Windows 7 x64 / 8 / 10