You are here
World of Warships Review
World of Warships is a free-to-play MMOFPS in the genre of naval warfare, developed and published by Belorussian studio Wargaming.net.
- The models of real vessels recreated with the smallest details
- Measured battles specially for strategists who are never hurry
- Huge immersive community
- Lots of different game modes
World of Warships Gameplay
The "World of.." is the high-quality series of military MMOFPS developed by Wargaming.net. World of Warships is the last part of this game series. It is a tactical shooter with real models of battleships.
World of Warships is not that dynamical and fast as its tank and plane versions. In this game, you are allowed to take part in real hostilities and take command of your ship.
In this game, you can buy ships for real money or get them for in-game merits. Also, you can level up your vessel and upgrade it with various equipment, paint in camouflage colours or add flag signals. You also need to service your ships and prepare them for the next battle, and that costs money.
There are three main types of combat: Standard, Festive, which is available for a limited time and tied to any holiday, and Training. Besides, there are also eight modes of the game. Among them:
- Coop mode - PvE combat where eight players fight against eight game-botes.
- Random - The primary type of PvP battle in World of Warships. In this mode, you will join eleven players of your team to fight against twelve enemy vessels.
- Scenarios- a special PvE battle with additional tasks.
- Rank battle - a fight 7x7 with the same level opponents.
- Clan battle - a 7x7 combat between two game clans.
- Arms race - a battle with specific bonuses established by the map features.
- Training room - a mode where you can hone your skills without fear of losing your rating.
- Introductory mission - a tutorial PvE mission for the new players.
There are also three battle modes available in most modes.
- Domination mode - in that mode, your team have to capture specific areas and hold them until the end of the game.
- Standard mode - In this mode, the team needs to score a certain number of points to win.
- Epicentre - in this mode you need to capture all areas of the map, starting from the edges and ending with the centre.
Most of the warships in this game belong to the period of the first part of the 20th century. There are four different types of ships in the game:
- The Destroyer is a fast and lightweight ship. It escorts the large vessels in a fleet and defends them.
- The Cruiser is a massive and durable ship. It is used for the long voyages and scouting missions.
- The Battleship is the large, heavy armoured vessel with a battery of different guns and weapons. Warships withstand massive hits of shells and can engage in battle with dangerous opponents.
- Aircraft carriers are the type of warships that used to transport the naval aviation. It is also a seagoing airbase.
All of these ships belong to different fleets. There are eleven countries present in the World of Warships.
- USA: 17 Destroyers, 28 Cruisers, 20 Battleships, 6 aircraft carriers.
- Japan: 27 Destroyers, 25 Cruisers, 18 Battleships, 5 aircraft carriers.
- Russia/USSR: 16 Destroyers, 24 Cruisers, 13 Battleships.
- Germany: 11 Destroyers, 16 Cruisers, 13 Battleships, 1 aircraft carrier.
- Great Britain: 12 Destroyers, 12 Cruisers, 15 Battleships, 6 aircraft carriers.
- Austria-Hungary: 1 Battleship.
- Poland: 1 Destroyer.
- Netherlands: 1 Destroyer.
- China: 8 Destroyers, 2 Cruisers.
- Thailand: 1 Destroyer.
- Indonesia: 1 Destroyer, 1 Cruiser.
- Korea: 1 Destroyer.
- Argentina: 1 Cruiser.
- France: 13 Destroyers, 13 Cruisers, 12 Battleships.
- Australia: 1 Destroyer, 1 Cruiser.
- Canada: 1 Destroyer.
- Italy: 2 Destroyers, 14 Cruisers, 2 Battleships.
Various weapons can be installed on ships to enhance the damage they inflict in battle.
World of Warships System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 440/630
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz or better
- File Size: 43 GB available space
- OS: Windows 7 x64 SP1
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
- CPU: Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz or better
- File Size: 45 GB available space
- OS: Windows 7 x64 SP1 / 8.1 / 10