You are here
Wurm Online Review
Wurm Online is a sandbox MMORPG with the most flexible systems and many opportunities for the creation of player-generated content.
- Skill-based system of character development
- Fully customizable environment
- Convenient trading system
- A housing system with many benefits
Wurm Online Gameplay
Wurm Online is an online MMORPG, that has many exciting features. For example, it has deep character customization, enjoyable combat systems for PvE and PvP, and dozens of activities which is aimed at creation of the prosperous fort. The game provides players with building, housing, terraforming, animal husbandry, mining, and farming. It has dozens of various skills, suitable for every character. Also, the game has no races and restrictions between players.
The Wurm Online has a fascinating amount of different cities, dungeons, cities to explore and NPCs that always ready to give a subquest. The main feature of this game is that every server starts with an empty map, and the goal of the players is to create most substantial settlements, unite and explore the world together, or involve into a rival for resources, status and fame.
The game is quite hardcore because some of the systems are outdated, and many activities have complex mechanics. Still, the most basic and enjoyable actions are clear to all newcomers. For example, the combat and building systems are introduced to players at the very beginning, starting with the most vital skills. The first severe mission in the game is to build a shelter; after that, players are involved in the game process mainly due to the interest of research. Wurm requires many skills to be used at the same time, even if you’re building a hut of branches or growing the first small crop of wheat.
Wurm Online Classes
Since the game provides no class functions, it has a customizable skill system. It means that the Wurm Online has many unrelated abilities, that can be developed separately. This feature allows players to make a unique character with the most suitable skill set for the chosen gameplay. The skill points are gained for the performing of different actions; the more you do something, the higher will be your rank in this ability. This function also depends on the level of the stamina and nutrition of your character. All of the skills divided into several common categories.
- Nature Skills — animal husbandry, taming, botanizing, farming, fishing, foraging, forestry, gardening, milking, and papyrus making. These skills are aimed at the extraction of resources out of nature and creating items with obtained materials. There is also one additional skill, Meditating, that is used for choosing a path of development.
- Fighting — weaponless fighting, aggressive fighting, defensive fighting, normal fighting, taunting, and shield bashing. These skills are used for protection of your character or the performing of the attack abilities.
- Alchemy — natural substances; a skill used for the creation of poisons, potions, staffs, dyes and healing items.
- Archery — the skill of shooting with a different types of bows.
- Archaeology — a skill that helps to determine the artefacts. This category has one sub-skill called Restoration, that is used for the combining of the found fragments.
- Smithing — weapon smithing (bladesmithing, weapon heads smithing), armour smithing (chain, plate and shield armour), blacksmithing, locksmithing, metallurgy, jewellery. These skills are necessary for the creation of the equipment.
- Cooking — baking, beverages, butchering, dairy food cooking, hot food cooking, milling. These skills are vital because they provide the food that always needed for nutrition regeneration.
- Carpentry — fine carpentry, toy making, bowyery, fletching, shipbuilding. It’s a skill that is used for the creation of furniture, decorative items and building of structures.
- Tailoring — cloth tailoring and leatherworking. With the help of these skills, you can make your character look fashionable, or make durable equipment for it.
- Thievery — lockpicking, stealing, traps. These skills will suit the most dishonourable and nasty characters.
The game also provides a massive array of different single skills, such as ropemaking, exorcism, repairing and moreover.
Wurm Online System Requirements
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 400 Series
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6 Ghz
- File Size: 3 GB
- OS: Win XP/Vista/7
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
- CPU: Intel Core i7
- File Size: 3 GB
- OS: Windows 7/8/10