You are here
Hack And Slash MMO Games
More about Hack and Slash MMO Games
One of the main aspects of Hack and Slash MMO Games is the combat system that revolves around players having some weaponry to perform "hacking and slashing" on the enemies. The weapons and abilities are usually interchangeable, and that adds flexibility and depth to the gameplay. Different types of those allow performing various attacks. In essence, bows can be used for ranged attacks; swords are for cutting enemies; maces can stun a large group of enemies; finally, spells can annihilate all the enemies at once.
Simple control mechanics in Hack and Slash MMO Games allow the players to perform most of their attacks with a relatively small number of buttons. You can use different combinations of abilities to create one more powerful attack, or the flexible skill system may allow you to change abilities outside of combat.
Just like other team-based combat systems, each class ib hack and slash games has its pros and cons. Usually, it can be balanced by grouping up with other players. The multiplayer modes add much more depth to Hack and Slash MMO Games. Playing together with friends and competing with others opens an infinite number of possible strategies, and the style of each player may bring something new to the already existing game.
Best Hack and Slash MMO Games of all time
- Diablo 3 is a Hack and Slash MMORPG that features a cooperative mode for the main storyline along with many additional dungeons, levels and locations. You can compete in player-versus-player activities as well as using the same combat mechanics featured in other modes.
- Path of Exile is a Hack and Slash MMORPG with a dynamic battle system that does not require a target to use abilities. The game has an infinite number of randomly-generated dungeons to explore alone or with friends.
- Dragon Nest is a dynamic Hack and Slash MMO game where all characters have unique special attacks with the non-target battle system. It features a vast number of opponents, and all of them require a strategic approach along with many entertaining mechanics.
Best Free-to-Play Hack And Slash MMO Games
- Warframe is a third-person action MMORPG with FPS elements. This game stands out for seamless open world and unique system of parkour elements.
- Black Desert is an open-world MMORPG with PvP-oriented battles. It has one of the most sophisticated systems of craft and character development.
- Dungeon Fighter Online is a side-scroller MMORPG with extensive character development and dozens of dungeons to explore.
Best Hack And Slash MMO Games from 2013
The best Hack and Slash MMO Games from 2013 are free-to-play projects that feature unique gameplay mechanics and immersive storylines as well as extremely dynamic fights. In this game, you will have to face hordes of enemies and slay every monster on your way to reach the end of the journey.
- Warframe is a third-person action shooter in a sci-fi setting with parkour elements. It has a seamless open world and a profound system of character customization.
- Path of Exile is a multiplayer Diablo-like roleplaying action MMO in the setting of dark fantasy. It has incredibly challenging and grindy gameplay, various competitions and unlimited character customization.
- Neverwinter is a fantasy MMORPG in the setting of Dungeons and Dragons. It has a vast amount of diverse content, a rich storyline and unique opportunity to create player-generated quests to share with other players.
Best Hack And Slash MMO Games from 2014
The best Hack and Slash MMO Games from 2014 features a great diversity of settings and gameplay styles. There are entertaining and straightforward RPGs for casuals and newbies, hardcore hack-and-slash projects of all genres, and even online fighting games. This wide variety allows every player to find a suitable MMO and enjoy it alone or with friends.
- Dragon Nest is a casual-friendly MMORPG with anime-inspired graphics and a wide selection of playable classes.
- Elsword is a hack-and-slash action RPG in anime style. This game features classic side-scroller gameplay combined with an exciting story and stunning visuals.
- ArcheBlade is a hack-and-slash fighting MMO game in anime style.
Best Hack And Slash MMO Games from 2015
Unfortunately, there wasn’t a lot of free-to-play hack-and-slash projects back in 2015. Still, there are many different and exciting games. The best Hack and Slash MMO Games from 2015 are various games from classic RPGs to mind-blowing indie experiments with immersive battles and challenging quests.
- HELLDIVERS Dive Harder Edition is a hardcore cooperative shooter in a sci-fi setting.
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide is a cooperative action combat adventure.
- Crypt of the NecroDancer is a hardcore roguelike combined with a rhythm game. This project has incredible soundtracks, simple controls and incredibly immersive gameplay.
Best Hack And Slash MMO Games from 2016
The best Hack and Slash MMO Games from 2016 feature different kinds of games from free-to-play projects available even in browsers to sophisticated masterpieces with vivid graphics that require the highest system requirements. Still, all of them have challenging dynamic combat systems and dozens of enemies to fight.
- Grim Dawn is a dark fantasy Diablo-like hack-and-slash action RPG. Humanity is on the brink of extinction, and you will have to survive and develop your character to defeat the evil forces.
- Dungeon Fighter Online is an excellent side-scroller MMO with deep character development system and immersive battles.
- Tree of Savior is a free-to-play fantasy MMORPG with loads of PvP content.
Best Hack And Slash MMO Games from 2017
Many modern games use highly dynamic and diverse combat systems with dozens of skills and combinations, but the best Hack and Slash MMO Games have much more hardcore challenges and exciting mechanics. Yet, most of the noteworthy projects of this kind distributed by pay-to-play or buy-to-play model.
- Skyforge is a dynamic techno-fantasy MMORPG with the extensive class system.
- FOR HONOR is an online action PvP in a medieval setting. There are several factions in the game: Knights, Samurai, Vikings, and Wu Lin, and each player have to participate in faction war.
- Vikings - Wolves of Midgard is an action RPG with survival elements. In this game, you will have to explore epic Shores of Midgard based upon the Norse mythology. There are not only real historical and cultural elements but also fantasy creatures and moreover.
Best Hack And Slash MMO Games from 2018
Asian creators develop most of the best Hack and Slash MMO Games from 2018. It’s evident that these games have a colossal cultural impact: many of them have anime-inspired graphics, unique storylines based on historical events, and even classes of heroes that based on existing battle arts. These hack-and-slash games aren’t classic and ordinary, but they deserve attention.
- Closers is an episodic anime action-RPG featuring a wide variety of unique playable heroes and different gameplay challenges.
- Black Desert is an open-world MMORPG with extensive character development system and immersive PvP-oriented battles. It also features sophisticated fishing, taming, farming, hunting and crafting mechanics.
- SoulWorker is a free-to-play anime MMORPG with a deep combat system based on complex combinations of skills.
Best Hack And Slash MMO Games from 2019
There are many Hack and Slash MMO Games from 2019 that deserve attention. There are both classic roleplaying MMOs and new experimental projects with absolutely exclusive features which never were used before.
- Kritika:REBOOT is a free-to-play action anime MMORPG in a fantasy setting.
- MORDHAU is a violent multiplayer slasher in a medieval setting. This game features fast-paced combat, castle sieges, cavalry charges and moreover.
- KurtzPel is a highly dynamic action game in style inspired by anime graphics. It has both PvP and PvE content, epic boss challenges, and in-depth character customization and development systems.
Best Hack And Slash MMO Games from 2020
There aren’t too much MMO games released in 2020 yet, and there are almost no free-to-play games, but some of the new projects are already noteworthy. Hack and Slash MMO Games from 2020 are uniquely technologically developed; most of them have sophisticated graphic designs, in-depth character development, and many complex features.
- Shadow Arena is a hack-and-slash battle-royale MOBA game in the setting of Black Desert MMORPG. It provides players with playable characters from Black Desert, Crimson Desert, and other projects of Pearl Abyss.
- Darksburg is a cooperative action MMO in a medieval setting which features werewolves, zombies, and immersive, challenging gameplay. In this game, you can play as one of the survivors or revenants, and your goal is to eliminate the opposite team.
- ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 4 is an online cooperative fighting game in the setting of famous anime series One Piece. In Pirate Warriors 4, you can choose to play as one of the heroes of the anime or manga, and cooperate with friends to defeat the opponents.