You are here
Korean MMO Games
More about Korean MMO Games
Both young and mature people in Korea enjoy gaming; that's the reason why Korean games always have such a high quality and perfect balance. They take the best from the most popular games around the world and make it even more hardcore, so it enlarges the community even further.
Being challenging and competitive are the basics of any Korean MMO Game. Players need to spend a lot of time in the game to be as powerful as the best gamers. Unfortunately, that's the reason why some projects offer a pay-to-win model too. For a significant amount of money, you can purchase better gear, best guns and higher-level characters to catch up with others.
The graphics range from 2D to modern 3D with high-resolution textures. The games tend to take the best from world-famous projects, and the developers regularly try to create something new that will fit the industry. There is always something that meets the requirements of both low-end and high-end PCs in the full range of Korean MMO Games.
Japanese anime often shows in Korean projects, because that culture is viral in Asia, and some games feature full immersive anime experience in an online world. It can also be a mix of a realistic environment with specific anime additions to it, and it can work together with any MMO genre.
Best Korean MMO Games of all times
- Black Desert Online is an MMORPG from the Korean developer Pearl Abyss, and it features a wide range of classes and a fantastic character creation system. The game has millions of players around the world, and the developers bring fresh updates regularly.
- RF Online is a sci-fi MMO developed by CCR in South Korea. It features massive player-versus-player battles, a hardcore levelling system and other activities to power up your character between often interactions with other players.
- Lineage II is a Korean MMORPG published in multiple countries around the world where it became one of the most popular games ever, and it has several expansion sets. The game features crafting, levelling, PvP, PvE and other activities, and most of them require a lot of effort and grinding.
Best Korean MMO from 2015
Korea is one of the most technologically advanced countries, so the game industry is prevalent there. Korean gamers prefer different kinds of games from hardcore dynamic competitions to casual-friendly sandbox projects. Still, most of the best Korean MMO from 2015 have sophisticated graphics and immersive gameplay.
- MapleStory 2 is a free-to-play fantasy 3D MMORPG with the real-time combat system.
- Kritika Online is an anime-inspired action MMORPG with player-driven economics.
- Black Desert Online is a high-fantasy MMORPG which emphasize PvP battles.
Best Korean MMO from 2016
Best Korean MMO from 2016 often have unique visual styles inspired by cartoons and drawings. These games have unusual concepts, experimental mechanics and complete customizable systems of interaction with the environment. If you play these games, you should be ready to take up hardcore challenges and pay attention to character development.
- SoulWorker is a free-to-play anime MMORPG with an action combat system.
- Burning SoulWorker is a free-to-play fantasy MMORPG in anime style featuring slasher combat system.
- Riders of Icarus is a fantasy MMORPG which features the most sophisticated taming mechanics and in-depth cooperation with pets.
Best Korean MMO from 2017
The best Korean MMO from 2017 is not only sophisticated video games and hardcore projects. There are different browser-based games, casual-friendly sandboxes with beautiful graphics, and immersive, simple MMOs with automatic combat functions. Still, all of them have unique graphics and storylines.
- Tree of Life is a survival sandbox MMORPG indie game with cartoon graphics.
- Ragnarok Journey is a free-to-play MMORPG in the setting of Ragnarok.
- Hunter x Hunter Online is a free-to-play browser-based MMORPG inspired by famous anime series.
Best Korean MMO from 2018
Even though Asian video games may seem too alien for the player from other countries, many of these projects are noteworthy. The best Korean MMO from 2018 has incredibly realistic graphics, accessible system requirements, and immersive gameplay mechanics. Their essential aspects are quite similar, but distinctive features of these features are truly amazing.
- Lost Ark is an online isometric dungeon-crawler MMORPG and immersive side-activities.
- Bless Online is a medieval fantasy RvR MMORPG in the seamless open world.
- Astellia Online is an action card MMORPG with combat pets.
Best Korean MMO from 2019
Since many Koreans spend a lot of time working and studying, not every person can afford to spend hours playing computer games at home. Instead of that, many of them prefer to play mobile and browser-based games. The developers emphasize that approach to gaming: there are dozens of exciting Korean MMO from 2019 made for browsers and mobile phones, as well as casual-friendly MMOs that don’t require much time to master.
- Kurtzpel is an anime-inspired action battle game featuring PvE and PvP activities.
- Spiritwish is an anime-inspired MMORPG for mobile platforms.
- Aion: Legions of War is a mobile spin-off of the famous MMORPG Aion.
Best Korean MMO from 2020
Major Asian companies develop many of the most realistic and technologically advanced video games, and developers from Korea are often overtaking over other companies in terms of quality and quantity of video games. The best Korean MMO from 2020 feature unique gameplay mechanics and realistic graphics along with dozens of player-driven activities.
- DokeV is a creature-collecting open-world MMO with many social-based activities.
- Project BBQ is an action MMORPG in the setting of Dungeon Fighter Online.
- Crimson Desert is a continuation of the famous MMORPG Black Desert.