You are here
More About Korean MMORPG
The Korean MMORPG are always ahead of Western video games in terms of mechanics and graphics. This country has several major companies which maintain numerous amount of successful MMOs of all kinds; also, Korean developers create more projects than others. Even though a significant amount of games are shut down after a couple of years of online, most of the others are not only viable but also very popular.
Another feature of Korean MMORPG is their visual style. These games always have beautiful advanced graphics, often very stylized or inspired by anime stylistic. There are almost no realistic games, even though most of the projects offer incredibly detailed graphics. Just as in all Asian games, the gameplay of Korean RPGs is always very grindy and demanding. You have to compete with other players to reach the top of all ratings, which often increases and changes with content expansion packs. It’s the best choice for hardcore players because these projects are not only time-consuming but also very entertaining.
The market of Korean MMORPG is divided between several major companies. The most famous of them are NCsoft, Bluehole, Nexon and Webzen. With high probability, any popular Korean game you choose to play is developed and distributed by one of these studios. All of them were founded a long time ago, all of them from ten to twenty or even years old; during that time, these companies released dozens of successful video games. One of the most noticeable features of Korean RPGs is that many of them are very old and still extremely popular.
Best Korean MMORPG
- Lineage 2 is one of the longest-running and famous Korean multiplayer RPGs. It has immersive gameplay, anime-like graphics and a huge fanbase.
- Black Desert is a hardcore MMORPG with many sandbox features, developed by Pearl Abyss. This game is famous for its detailed, vivid graphics.
- AION is an RvR MMORPG with unlimited PvP system and dynamic fast-based combat system, which provides players with gameplay focused on battles.
Korean MMORPG in Anime Style
Even though Anime style is more common for Japanese MMORPG games, it’s often used in Korean projects. These cute stylized graphics are popular because of their simplicity, which allows running anime games even on the weakest computers.
- Mabinogi is a free-to-play fantasy MMORPG with cute graphics style and flexible skill-based system of character development.
- Dragon Saga is a free-to-play social MMORPG in a fantasy setting.
- KurtzPel is a fantasy PvP-oriented MMORPG with a wide variety of gameplay modes.
Best Korean MMORPG From 2020
- Project V4 is a cross-platform MMORPG with large-scale raids in the open world.
- DokeV is a creature-collecting MMORPG with cartoonish graphics.
- Crimson Desert is an upcoming MMORPG in the setting of Black Desert.
Best Korean MMORPG From 2019
- ArcheAge: Unchained is a premium version of the fantasy player-driven MMORPG with advanced PvP.
- KurtzPel is a fantasy MMORPG with several gameplay modes and dynamic PvP battles.
- Lost Ark is an online isometric MMORPG with hack-and-slash gameplay.
Best Korean MMORPG From 2018
- Astellia Online is an MMORPG combining classic RPG mechanics featuring the collecting of the battle pets.
- SoulWorker - Anime Action MMO is an anime MMORPG with diverse playable characters immersive PvE gameplay.
Best Korean MMORPG From 2017
- MU Legend is a continuation of the fantasy retro MMORPG Mu Online.
- Dark and Light is a survival fantasy MMORPG with an advanced system of character development.
- Kingdom Under Fire II is a medieval fantasy MMORPG with MMORTS elements.
Best Korean MMORPG From 2016
- Tree of Savior is a fantasy MMORPG with the extensive class system and in-depth character development.
- SoulWorker is a free-to-play anime MMORPG with an action combat system.
Best Korean MMORPG From 2015
- Bless is a fantasy RvR MMORPG with castle sieges and advanced guilds system.
- Kritika is a fantasy MMORPG in anime style featuring a profound system of social interaction.
- Black Desert Online is a fantasy MMORPG with extensive crafting, deep character development system, and action PvP battles.
Best Free to play Korean MMORPG Games
Unlike Japanese and Chinese creators, Korean developers more often release projects aimed at worldwide players. Most of the Korean MMORPG Games are free-to-play, which attracts the most significant amounts of gamers. However, these MMOs often have in-game shops with tons of decorative content and purchasable items.
- Black Desert Online is a high-fantasy MMORPG with immersive PvP battles and in-depth character development.
- SoulWorker is a free-to-play action combat anime MMORPG with a deep character development system.
- Vindictus is a dungeon-crawler-like action-RPG featuring a wide variety of playable characters.