You are here
Low Spec MMORPG
More about Low Spec MMORPG
This genre does not shine with an advanced level of graphics, detail, and animation. Also, it can not afford a vast, seamless world, complex mechanics that require decent computational power. And yet, the low spec MMORPG captures in its way. And for developers, there is a whole range of possibilities on which to focus. For example, interesting PvE content will allow players to join stories with each other, which may even be better than a reading book. Or enter a variety of game modes, so that everyone can find something to do to their liking, be it in arena fights, participation in festivals or craft activities.
Sometimes you may wonder how widespread the low spec MMORPG can be, despite its flaws in the form of graphics or some trivial details. Lineage 2, a Korean MMORPG, was just a bomb at the dawn of multiplayer games. It had everything that gamers could dream of: a decent PvP system, an abundance of classes for every taste, profession, all sorts of picks, even the plot was perceived warmly. At the moment, there are as many as three Lineage clients, one of which is Classic, which bears the game as it was almost ten years ago. Others, Fafurion and Essence, are designed for a relatively new audience because it hosts modern chronicles, and the gameplay is to some degree.
It was exciting to see The Lord of the Rings Online on the low spec MMORPG market. Because not every day, there is a game based on the universe of the famous novel. For the most part, it focuses on PvE, which allows the player to explore this fascinating world without annoying clashes with other characters, but PvP is also quite interesting. There are many mechanics in the game, unlike other projects: the effect of completed chains of actions on the character's further characteristics, restrictions on the choice of individual classes and races, and pumping legendary equipment through use. For those who like to fight on the side of Sauron, there is even a PvMP mode (Player versus Monster-Player), not always the heroes win.
Best Low Spec MMORPG From 2015
Bearing in mind that modern technologies develop with every year, most of the games released in 2015 considered as the low or medium spec. Most of the Low Spec MMORPG from 2015 will run smoothly on any device despite the chosen graphic settings; moreover, you can make the performance even smoother with customizable visuals.
- Kritika Online is a fantasy MMORPG in anime style with the fast-paced combat system.
- ARK: Survival Evolved is a unique survival MMORPG where your goal is to fight with dinosaurs and tame the most powerful creatures.
- Trove is a Minecraft-like voxel game with RPG and dungeon crawler elements.
Best Low Spec MMORPG From 2016
Best Low Spec MMORPG from 2016 differ from others with their fantastic graphics at relatively low system requirements. The developers achieve this effect by creating unique, simplified visual styles, changing the visual outlook of the classic character models, and experimenting with the in-game environment.
- SoulWorker is an anime hack-and-slash MMORPG with dynamic combat and immersive storyline.
- Naval Action is an MMORPG game in the setting of world explorations. In this game, you can explore the vast open world, cooperate with other players and customize your ship.
- Riders of Icarus is a unique MMORPG: its core mechanics entirely based on taming mechanics and cooperation with pets.
Best Low Spec MMORPG From 2017
Most of the Low Spec MMORPG from 2017 have low system requirements because of the unique visual style which requires fewer resources than realistic games. There are different styles from pixel art to voxel simple graphics.
- Bit Heroes is a turn-based pixel MMORPG with dozens of PvP and PvE activities and deep character customization system.
- Wild Terra is a sandbox MMORPG with survival mechanics and advanced craft system.
- Albion Online is a sandbox open-world MMORPG which features dozens of player-driven activities and in-depth character development.
Best Low Spec MMORPG From 2018
Low Spec MMORPG from 2018 features the best visual performance and smooth gameplay due to rich graphic customization settings. It’s possible to play even the most sophisticated video game on every PC thanks to the low graphic settings.
- Project Gorgon is an indie sandbox MMORPG with immersive hardcore gameplay. This game offers a wide variety of playable specializations and artisan skills.
- PixARK is a survival sandbox MMORPG which uses the setting of ARK: Survival Evolved in Minecraft-like voxel world.
- Conan Exiles is a hardcore sandbox game in a vast open-world with dozens of different quests and unique storyline.
Best Low Spec MMORPG From 2019
Even though most of the video games released in the late 10’s have high system requirements, some studios prefer place accessibility of the game above its visual performance. Low Spec MMORPG From 2019 usually have unique graphic style: many of them look like cartoons or comics, which allows players to run them smoothly even on most outdated devices.
- Lost Ark is a hack-and-slash action MMORPG with dynamic, immersive gameplay and dozens of dungeons to clear.
- CryoFall is an indie survival MMORPG in a sci-fi setting. In this game, you will have to survive on a distant planet after the spaceship crash.
- Deuterium Wars is a unique 2D shooter MMORPG with the highly dynamic combat system and deep customization of the playable unit.
Best Low Spec MMORPG From 2020
The games released in 2020 are highly technologically advanced, and most of the projects have quite high system requirements. Still, many developers prefer to create unique visual styles with simplified graphics, which allows attracting wide auditory of players with different devices. Usually, it’s also possible to customize graphic settings both for high-end and low-end PCs. The Low Spec MMORPG from 2020 have graphics that look much simpler and less than ideal, but they’re still entertaining and immersive.
- Corepunk is a steampunk fantasy MMORPG with diverse character selection and social-based gameplay. It also has sophisticated crafting system and social professions.
- Past Fate is an indie MMORPG inspired by Viking medieval setting. It has PvP and PvE competitions, naval battles, mercenary system, and many other features.
- Saga of Lucimia is hardcore fantasy MMORPG developed by an indie studio. It has a classless character development system, sophisticated interaction with NPCs and team-based missions.